All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

03 max running to rich

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 07:11 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

03 max running to rich

I recently bought a 03 max not running , just needed a clutch . Long story short I got it running but it was running rough later found out that bank 2 had low compression so I got a 08 motor swapped in it got that one running but it was still running rough checked the compression and its good but bank 2 is completely dead checked the coils and tested for spark in the spark plugs and everything is okay tested injectors and they are fine ! When it had the old motor I remember the crankshaft position sensor was connected with the o2 sensor on bank 2 sensor 2 so I checked the o2 reading and they aren't reading anything but I have new cats and new sensors could it be that the ecu got messed up since the crankshaft sensor was connected with the o2 connection ? Need help a lot of money to just give up !! But idk what I could possibly do to it anymore ! It has everything new but the ecu
Old 11-16-2016, 07:26 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Nismo303
I recently bought a 03 max not running , just needed a clutch . Long story short I got it running but it was running rough later found out that bank 2 had low compression so I got a 08 motor swapped in it got that one running but it was still running rough checked the compression and its good but bank 2 is completely dead checked the coils and tested for spark in the spark plugs and everything is okay tested injectors and they are fine ! When it had the old motor I remember the crankshaft position sensor was connected with the o2 sensor on bank 2 sensor 2 so I checked the o2 reading and they aren't reading anything but I have new cats and new sensors could it be that the ecu got messed up since the crankshaft sensor was connected with the o2 connection ? Need help a lot of money to just give up !! But idk what I could possibly do to it anymore ! It has everything new but the ecu

Both sensor 2 not reading and bank 2 sensor 1 is a lil to rich <br/>
Old 12-06-2016, 12:34 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I30 bank1 and 2 rich

Hi in new to this I don't know how to post a new thread so heres my issue my I 30 is rich in bank 1 and 2 ...new maf/cleaned it then it ran lean the iat is good the short term ft is -15 to -20 till the car heats up when sitting the coolant sensor is reading good...was wondering what to do thanks