3.5 Swap and Mods Need Tuned? - Maxima Forums

Go Back  Maxima Forums > Advanced Performance > All Motor
Reload this Page >

3.5 Swap and Mods Need Tuned?

All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

3.5 Swap and Mods Need Tuned?

Old 10-23-2017, 08:25 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 546
3.5 Swap and Mods Need Tuned?

I bought adrienas 3.5 swap, intake, intake spacers, Todd Mullins engine which he advanced the cams 4 degrees, hotshot headers, equal length warspeed y, 2.5 inch exhaust and a stock ecu.

I'm not sure what kind of power I'm actually putting down and I feel like it should be more, how badly do I need a tune of some sort?
Violator is offline  
Old 10-29-2017, 07:49 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Philly
Posts: 736
If you're running a 3.5 with a 3.0 ecu, yes.. You need a tune. At minimum some SAFC VAFC MAF manipulator type tune.
95naSTA is online now  
Old 11-02-2017, 12:58 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 546
Originally Posted by 95naSTA View Post
If you're running a 3.5 with a 3.0 ecu, yes.. You need a tune. At minimum some SAFC VAFC MAF manipulator type tune.
Have been looking into nistune for plug and play, I know zero about tuning or timing though and I don't have money in the budget for dynotuning. It's a 96 ecu and I read something about the engine being advanced 4 degrees is that held in the ecu or mechanically because I know the ecu has been swapped
Violator is offline  
Old 11-29-2017, 10:50 AM
  #4  
3.5 Swapped!
iTrader: (32)
 
95maxrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Herndon, VA
Posts: 7,179
Yeah, you will need something like Nistune if you want it to run safely, reliably, and have it make good power. My 3.5 motor came with a Technosquare ECU and the A/F ratio was terrible and not safe when we dynoed with it. It was way too lean. Once we installed the Nistune and had a few hours on the dyno I think I picked up like 20 whp.
95maxrider is offline  
Old 01-15-2018, 03:37 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 546
Originally Posted by 95maxrider View Post
Yeah, you will need something like Nistune if you want it to run safely, reliably, and have it make good power. My 3.5 motor came with a Technosquare ECU and the A/F ratio was terrible and not safe when we dynoed with it. It was way too lean. Once we installed the Nistune and had a few hours on the dyno I think I picked up like 20 whp.
My struggle is finding someone to tune it I'm in NW ohio if anyone can help point me in the right direction, motors only got 70k on it and i know I'm lacking a lot of performance
Violator is offline  
Old 01-15-2018, 03:46 PM
  #6  
3.5 Swapped!
iTrader: (32)
 
95maxrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Herndon, VA
Posts: 7,179
Originally Posted by Violator View Post
My struggle is finding someone to tune it I'm in NW ohio if anyone can help point me in the right direction, motors only got 70k on it and i know I'm lacking a lot of performance
The Nistune website lists people certified to tune it, check that out. There's a chance a good tuning shop will be able to handle it even if they're not listed, you might just have to call around. If all else fails, reach out to Nistune directly and see what they say.
95maxrider is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.