All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

3.5 Swap and Mods Need Tuned?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 08:25 PM

3.5 Swap and Mods Need Tuned?

I bought adrienas 3.5 swap, intake, intake spacers, Todd Mullins engine which he advanced the cams 4 degrees, hotshot headers, equal length warspeed y, 2.5 inch exhaust and a stock ecu.

I'm not sure what kind of power I'm actually putting down and I feel like it should be more, how badly do I need a tune of some sort?
Old 10-29-2017, 07:49 PM

If you're running a 3.5 with a 3.0 ecu, yes.. You need a tune. At minimum some SAFC VAFC MAF manipulator type tune.
Old 11-02-2017, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by 95naSTA
If you're running a 3.5 with a 3.0 ecu, yes.. You need a tune. At minimum some SAFC VAFC MAF manipulator type tune.
Have been looking into nistune for plug and play, I know zero about tuning or timing though and I don't have money in the budget for dynotuning. It's a 96 ecu and I read something about the engine being advanced 4 degrees is that held in the ecu or mechanically because I know the ecu has been swapped
Old 11-29-2017, 10:50 AM
Lightly modded

Yeah, you will need something like Nistune if you want it to run safely, reliably, and have it make good power. My 3.5 motor came with a Technosquare ECU and the A/F ratio was terrible and not safe when we dynoed with it. It was way too lean. Once we installed the Nistune and had a few hours on the dyno I think I picked up like 20 whp.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by 95maxrider
Yeah, you will need something like Nistune if you want it to run safely, reliably, and have it make good power. My 3.5 motor came with a Technosquare ECU and the A/F ratio was terrible and not safe when we dynoed with it. It was way too lean. Once we installed the Nistune and had a few hours on the dyno I think I picked up like 20 whp.
My struggle is finding someone to tune it I'm in NW ohio if anyone can help point me in the right direction, motors only got 70k on it and i know I'm lacking a lot of performance
Old 01-15-2018, 03:46 PM
Lightly modded

Originally Posted by Violator
My struggle is finding someone to tune it I'm in NW ohio if anyone can help point me in the right direction, motors only got 70k on it and i know I'm lacking a lot of performance
The Nistune website lists people certified to tune it, check that out. There's a chance a good tuning shop will be able to handle it even if they're not listed, you might just have to call around. If all else fails, reach out to Nistune directly and see what they say.