Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Batcap VS regular cap?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 09:05 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Batcap VS regular cap?

Can batcap really can do what it claims? Anyone seen any reviews from a reputable source?

http://www.batcap.net/home.htm
Old 09-30-2002, 09:11 PM
jmax

I read a good review but can't remember where. It's a battery with high discharge rate. I am very seriously looking for one now. Especially after seeing them up close at nopi. Talk about small, even smaller than my Alumapro Cap. And with more potential.

Old 10-01-2002, 11:38 PM

i have also heard good things. damn expensive, but a good investment.

eric
Old 10-02-2002, 11:41 AM
jmax

Maybe we can convice Don, I mean Pearl to order a box of the 400's? You listening Don?

Old 10-02-2002, 12:21 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

???

How is the 400 more expensive than the 8...and also exactly what is this? IS it like a hybrid battery/cap? capacity of a battery with the speed of a cap?
Old 10-02-2002, 01:21 PM
jmax

Re: ???

Originally posted by ObsidianIce69
How is the 400 more expensive than the 8...and also exactly what is this? IS it like a hybrid battery/cap? capacity of a battery with the speed of a cap?
I think the 8 is more of a conventional battery, for honda civic's and other compacts. But I don't know for sure. There really isn't enough data on the site to say anything. But they are batteries. With better speed than conventional batteries and caps.

Old 10-02-2002, 03:42 PM

Re: Re: ???

Originally posted by jmax

I think the 8 is more of a conventional battery, for honda civic's and other compacts. But I don't know for sure. There really isn't enough data on the site to say anything. But they are batteries. With better speed than conventional batteries and caps.
What about the optima batteries? I have the red top, and its awesome. I know that the yellow top is the best for audio, but with the red i never get dim on any lights.
http://www.optimabatteries.com/index.asp
Old 10-02-2002, 04:38 PM
jmax

Re: Re: Re: ???

Originally posted by wyskibumm

What about the optima batteries? I have the red top, and its awesome. I know that the yellow top is the best for audio, but with the red i never get dim on any lights.
http://www.optimabatteries.com/index.asp
Well, the optima is an old design full of gel. I am pretty sure it is considered haz mat for shipping. I don't know about the bat cap, but I think it is quicker than the old school optima. I am prett sure the optima technology was available back when I was in high school in the late 80's.

Old 10-02-2002, 08:08 PM

I found an Ebay auction for batcaps and thought you guys mey be interested. Heres the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1385655582
Old 10-02-2002, 08:57 PM
jmax

Call me old fashioned but most of the audio stuff I get, especially if it's from a new company has a waranty.

Old 10-03-2002, 04:14 PM
I tend to get a bit irritable

I will definately look into them, James please remind me, as I get busy sometimes and tend to forget these things..

--Don
Old 10-03-2002, 10:00 PM
STFU n00b!

Re: Re: Re: Re: ???

Well, the optima is an old design full of gel. I am pretty sure it is considered haz mat for shipping. I don't know about the bat cap, but I think it is quicker than the old school optima. I am prett sure the optima technology was available back when I was in high school in the late 80's.

Optima is a sealed battery, thus it's not a haz-mat to ship. they can be upside down, sideways, etc and have no problems. we ship them all the time at UPS.
Old 10-04-2002, 12:12 AM
jmax

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ???

Originally posted by Matt93SE

Optima is a sealed battery, thus it's not a haz-mat to ship. they can be upside down, sideways, etc and have no problems. we ship them all the time at UPS.
Please don't take this the wrong way but I thought UPS always could ship haz-mat? That there was just an additional charge and it could only be ground or something like that? The epoxy hardener I use for fiberglassing is haz-mat, clearly labeled, and I think it ships UPS ground.

Old 10-04-2002, 02:54 PM
Redlinemax Owner

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ???

The epoxy hardener I use for fiberglassing is haz-mat, clearly labeled, and I think it ships UPS ground.

Hey J I'm about to fiberglass my whole trunk, maybe we can get together sometime since we are pretty close to each other! not like driving to jersey or something
Old 10-04-2002, 03:22 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ???

Originally posted by Redmax

Hey J I'm about to fiberglass my whole trunk, maybe we can get together sometime since we are pretty close to each other! not like driving to jersey or something

Uh huh I see how it is ....

--Don
Old 10-05-2002, 12:13 AM
jmax

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ???

Yo, I'd be up for a dual trunk glassing session. I really need to do something with my trunk. It's an absolute mess. But I think I should get a sheet of 3/8 inch baltic birch before I get started, to use as a stiff and light base to the floor. But I still gotta get up to Don's place. I just don't see any way possible to have any amoung of cash until at least the end of the month. Maybe not even till November some time. And Don knows why it is important that I have money before I schedule the trip to Jersey. So hopefully he won't feel to left out if we do this down in Md or Va.

Old 10-05-2002, 05:08 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ???

Yo, I'd be up for a dual trunk glassing session. I really need to do something with my trunk. It's an absolute mess. But I think I should get a sheet of 3/8 inch baltic birch before I get started, to use as a stiff and light base to the floor. But I still gotta get up to Don's place. I just don't see any way possible to have any amoung of cash until at least the end of the month. Maybe not even till November some time. And Don knows why it is important that I have money before I schedule the trip to Jersey. So hopefully he won't feel to left out if we do this down in Md or Va.

::::sitting in the corner,feeling left out:::::::

OK Ok I can deal with it.

--Don
Old 10-05-2002, 08:19 AM
jmax

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ???

And Don knows why it is important that I have money before I schedule the trip to Jersey.
I figured that would ease your pain! But I should add one more thing. There may be something new in my car by then for you to hear .

Old 10-06-2002, 03:18 PM
Redlinemax Owner

I keep telling him to come down to my house and he just doesnt listen
Old 10-06-2002, 04:14 PM

I keep telling him to come down to my house and he just doesnt listen
Blah

--Don
Old 10-07-2002, 07:57 AM
jmax

Yeah, I think he's afraid of getting his car dirty . Corey, check your mail.

Old 10-07-2002, 08:06 AM

Yeah, I think he's afraid of getting his car dirty . Corey, check your mail.

Hey !!!

..well ok you got a point

--Don
Old 10-07-2002, 09:16 AM
Redlinemax Owner

or rain water for that matter!

J i didn't get any mail from you
Old 10-07-2002, 11:24 AM

Maybe we can convice Don, I mean Pearl to order a box of the 400's? You listening Don?
Like around $175 each??

--Don
Old 10-07-2002, 09:38 PM
jmax

Originally posted by Pearl96Max

Like around $175 each??

--Don
Hummmm, that's over 20% off. Pretty darn good especially considering you don't get the high volume discounts that the big stores get. I might have to add that to the list of things I am saving money to get. Oops! I looked at the list and it was already there! How did that happen? Now about how to get the money. Argh! So many cool toys and so little time to earn money. Hey don, remember that pair of nikes we discussed? I might have a pair of assics that will fit your feet -

Old 10-07-2002, 10:26 PM
jmax

or rain water for that matter!

J i didn't get any mail from you
In that case email me at j_grieve33@hotmail.com

Old 10-08-2002, 05:07 AM

Hummmm, that's over 20% off. Pretty darn good especially considering you don't get the high volume discounts that the big stores get. I might have to add that to the list of things I am saving money to get. Oops! I looked at the list and it was already there! How did that happen? Now about how to get the money. Argh! So many cool toys and so little time to earn money. Hey don, remember that pair of nikes we discussed? I might have a pair of assics that will fit your feet -

I only wear Nike (size 11) and just bought a new pair the other day !!
So your **** outta luck on that deal

--Don
Old 10-08-2002, 10:43 AM

BTW the price that I got from was if I order 6+, the next step up would be to order 50+. I dont think we will be doing that....

Also their pricing compared to the markup obviously isnt that great, BUT there are NO authorized internet sales. Warranty is for one year.

--Don
Old 10-08-2002, 04:48 PM
jmax

I only wear Nike (size 11) and just bought a new pair the other day !!
So your **** outta luck on that deal

--Don
How about some nearly new fruit of the loom?

Old 10-09-2002, 05:12 AM

How about some nearly new fruit of the loom?

Ewwwww
Old 10-09-2002, 06:48 AM
jmax

Ewwwww
Okay, okay. I admit that was stretching it a bit far. Maybe I'll get a chance to look around the house today for something you couldn't live without. Other than car audio, what are your hobbies, etc? If the sun comes out today I need to work on Kevin's kicks some more. They got hard as **** overnight. I hope they didn't bend out of shape before they cured up. Otherwise I'll be starting over, but not without the dang hairdryer we couldn't find yesterday.

Old 10-09-2002, 06:58 AM

Okay, okay. I admit that was stretching it a bit far. Maybe I'll get a chance to look around the house today for something you couldn't live without. Other than car audio, what are your hobbies, etc? If the sun comes out today I need to work on Kevin's kicks some more. They got hard as **** overnight. I hope they didn't bend out of shape before they cured up. Otherwise I'll be starting over, but not without the dang hairdryer we couldn't find yesterday.
Hmmmm O wait I got it...look around for some MONEY !! Thats something I cant live without!

Hairdryer?? No heatgun??

O BTW James..the thing with the undies..Uhh you dont know my address do you?? :::raying he doesnt::::

--Don
Old 10-09-2002, 07:18 AM
jmax

Hmmmm O wait I got it...look around for some MONEY !! Thats something I cant live without!

Hairdryer?? No heatgun??

O BTW James..the thing with the undies..Uhh you dont know my address do you?? :::raying he doesnt::::

--Don
Don't worry, I need every pair I've got. reference the heat gun, yeah. I have one but I really didn't want to melt the carpet under the kick. Or the underside of the dash. We could find the heat gun but not the hair dryer. Also the heat from the gun at that close of a range could overheat the epoxy.