Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Wire Harness Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2002, 07:55 PM

Wire Harness Help

Can someone tell me which wires from the harness is supposed to attach to the wires from the radio?

My gf bought me an alpine 7893 and i'm lost on what color wires is supposed to be spliced. (i.e the gray wire doesn't have a matching gray wire from the radio.. etc..

Also, there is a yellow wire which is connected to a fuse. In the manual, it says to connect it to the battery (positive terminal). Do i have to connect it directly to the battery, or can i connect it to a wire on the harness.. and which color wire is THAT supposed to connect to..

Thanks.

P.S. I did a search in the forum as well as other websites mentioned in this forum but have not found anything useful.

Thanks
Old 10-09-2002, 08:01 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

an easier way would be to goto circuit city, best buy, good guys, al & ed, tweeter, or any store that sells mobile audio equipment (even walmart...just saw them today). they will sell a harness adaptor specifically for pre 1995 nissans and a diff harness adaptor for 1995-. That will greatly simplifly things.
If you wanna do it the old school way, that works too. Tell us what year your maxima is and somebody will help you.
good luck!
Jae
Old 10-09-2002, 08:03 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

hey, cool! u got a 97 max just like me!

1995-97 Nissan Maxima Stereo Information
Constant 12V+ Pink/Blue
Switched 12V+ Blue/Black
Ground Vehicle Chassis
Illumination Red/Blue
Dimmer Red/Orange
Antenna Trigger Black/Red
Antenna Right Rear
Front Speakers 6 1/2" Doors
Left Front (+) Blue/White
Left Front (-) Blue/Yellow
Right Front (+) Brown
Right Front (-) Brown/White
Rear Speakers 6 1/2" Rear Deck
Left Rear (+) Red
Left Rear (-) Green
Right Rear (+) Blue
Right Rear (-) Pink
Old 10-09-2002, 08:10 PM

Originally posted by ThurzNite
an easier way would be to goto circuit city, best buy, good guys, al & ed, tweeter, or any store that sells mobile audio equipment (even walmart...just saw them today). they will sell a harness adaptor specifically for pre 1995 nissans and a diff harness adaptor for 1995-. That will greatly simplifly things.
If you wanna do it the old school way, that works too. Tell us what year your maxima is and somebody will help you.
good luck!
Jae
WHOOPS!! no wonder i still have a newbie title..
I have a 97 maxima, I also have the wire harness from bestbuy. The wire that i'm worried about is the yellow one that crutchfield says i have to connect to the battery. Can't i jsut connect it witht eh yellow that says +12v memory?
Old 10-10-2002, 06:59 AM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Originally posted by teeezmaxSE

WHOOPS!! no wonder i still have a newbie title..
I have a 97 maxima, I also have the wire harness from bestbuy. The wire that i'm worried about is the yellow one that crutchfield says i have to connect to the battery. Can't i jsut connect it witht eh yellow that says +12v memory?

Yes
Old 10-11-2002, 09:05 AM

The head unit is in, after some "custom" holes in the bracket. Looks Great!! Thanks for everyone' shelp, Especially Thurznite!

I appreciate it.