Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

PAC Harness 2k3 Max ? Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2002, 07:13 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

PAC Harness 2k3 Max ? Help

Yes I did use the search button and looked up all possible PAC searches. The question I have is, I read before that the PAC sells a kit that has 3 harnesses. Is this true? If so what are each for? Can someone also provide the model numbers? I am thinking of keeping the stock Bose and replace the amps and speakers can someone inform me on what I may need. Thanks in advanced.

Please don't flame!!
Old 10-18-2002, 11:28 PM

PAC OEM-1 - 4 Channel Line Level Convertor
PAC AMP-RCA - 4 Channel RCA Output Connector for OEM-1
PAC ADD-NIS2 - Bose "Y" cable used to tap HU signals for OEM-1

You need all 3 parts. They should run around $80 for the package. This is for a 2002/2003.

I have it, I use it, and it works... any questions?
Old 10-21-2002, 07:17 AM

Originally posted by studman
PAC OEM-1 - 4 Channel Line Level Convertor
PAC AMP-RCA - 4 Channel RCA Output Connector for OEM-1
PAC ADD-NIS2 - Bose "Y" cable used to tap HU signals for OEM-1

You need all 3 parts. They should run around $80 for the package. This is for a 2002/2003.

I have it, I use it, and it works... any questions?
Isn't there a cable to put "INLINE" between the Head Unit and the Signal wires to the stock bose amp that provides RCA outputs? There was someone else oh the org that had pics but I can't seem to find it.
Old 10-21-2002, 08:41 AM

Yes.... it's the setup I just described... and I was the one who did it. It doesn't require cutting, splicing, or modification to the stock radio or harness. It's basically a Y-Cable, convertor, and a RCA cable on the end.
Old 10-21-2002, 12:29 PM

Thanks for your quick response, do you have the pics of what you took with the PAC connectors? Once again Thank You!
Old 10-21-2002, 09:27 PM

I don't have a picture of what I used, but it seems that PAC has now bundled all three parts into a kit. Here's a link to the kit.

http://www.go2pac.com/oem1kits/aoemr...or+AOEM-1+kits

There's a picture (ok, a diagram) on how it integrates with the factory stereo. Hope this helps.
Old 10-21-2002, 09:45 PM
I miss the .org!

Yup, studman is correct. I listened to his advice, bought the PAC AOEM-NIS2, and it is 100% plug-n-play. Couldn't have been easier...although the kit costs around $70, but worth every penny IMO.

If you decide to get an aftermarket deck, then you will need something different, the ROEM-NIS2. Just in case you were thinking about it...
Old 10-22-2002, 05:39 AM

What do you all think about the stock BOSE head unit which i belive is Clarion anyway. I like the stock look but definately want to upgrade the amps and speakers.
Old 10-23-2002, 02:25 AM
I miss the .org!

I kept the stock Bose HU, b/c it has the in-dash CD changer which I love. It also looks very clean. I don't like the way the aftermarket HU adaptors look in the dash. You'd also have to buy a piece to keep your steering wheel radio controls functional.
Old 10-23-2002, 06:20 AM

Originally posted by Triple8Sol
I kept the stock Bose HU, b/c it has the in-dash CD changer which I love. It also looks very clean. I don't like the way the aftermarket HU adaptors look in the dash. You'd also have to buy a piece to keep your steering wheel radio controls functional.
You mean if I was to ge an aftermarket HU I would need to get the steering wheel adapter?

Anyone elso on the Stock HU, I would like to have the MAX setup for SQ, i know the stock HU may not be the best, but I would appreciate anyones input on the HU.
Old 10-23-2002, 08:17 AM

I went the same route as Triple8Sol. I kept the stock HU because of the look and the 6 disc changer, but have been (and will be) replacing the rest of the system. I used the PAC AOEM-NIS2 setup so I could add 2 12" subs to the Bose setup in the car, but have since decided that I will replace all the speakers and amps when the funding becomes available to do so. But as for replacing the HU, I didn't go with an aftermarket one because they are too "flashy" in their designs, and it doesn't go with the "theme" of my car. Granted, aftermarket HUs offer MANY more features than the stock HU, but I'm happy with what I have for now.
Old 10-23-2002, 08:24 AM

Thanks for all of the input, now can you all recommend a place to buy the PAC kit? Also could you include prices on what you all paid with shipping? Thanks!!
Old 10-23-2002, 08:54 AM

http://www.tune-town.com/

I paid $80 for it about 6 months ago. And I also paid $20 for overnight shipping (had a show the next day). I'd recommend calling them up. Their web site doesn't show the AOEM-NIS2 kit, but I know they have it. If they say they don't, order these parts.

OEM-1
ADD-NIS2
AMP-RCA

Those are the 3 different parts that make up the AOEM-NIS2 kit.
Old 10-23-2002, 10:07 PM
I miss the .org!

Go on their website www.go2pac.com and check their list of authorized dealers. Just find ones in your area and call them up with the part number. I called a local dealer, had them order it, and ended up paying $70 something including tax, no s/h by picking it up at the store.