Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Tell me what you think ???????????

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2002, 09:54 PM

Tell me what you think ???????????

I have a 89 Max. I "hate" "hate" "hate" the Bose. I want to put Pioneer TS-C1353 5 1/4 components in the front,Pioneer TS-C1653 6 1/2 components in the back.How would components sound in the back if I put the tweeters in the rear doors.I was going to run both set of components off of a Pioneer GM-X364 4 channel amp. Im really looking for someone that has used pioneer components I want to know how they sounded. Has anyone put components in their rear decks if so where did they place the tweeters.
Old 11-10-2002, 08:59 PM

Re: Tell me what you think ???????????

I've had Pioneer in the past. It wouldn't be my first choice. My last setup which I loved had Polk DB's all around includding 2 12" subs running off of Sony Mobile ES and Rockford Fosgate. There are many good choices out there and most would be much better alternatives to the Bose.

Originally posted by my2ndmax
I have a 89 Max. I "hate" "hate" "hate" the Bose. I want to put Pioneer TS-C1353 5 1/4 components in the front,Pioneer TS-C1653 6 1/2 components in the back.How would components sound in the back if I put the tweeters in the rear doors.I was going to run both set of components off of a Pioneer GM-X364 4 channel amp. Im really looking for someone that has used pioneer components I want to know how they sounded. Has anyone put components in their rear decks if so where did they place the tweeters.
Old 11-10-2002, 10:32 PM

For the money, you can do alot better than Pioneer components. Also, I would not recomend putting tweeters in the back doors unless you are planning on doing a lot of back seat listening. Just get a good set of coax's for the rear.

Brett
Old 11-10-2002, 11:06 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Rear components

I would have to agree that switching to another brand if it fits within the budget, would be a wise choice. I chose to go with Focal components in the rear also because I have a lot of back seat passengers, and would like to replicate the sound as nearly as possible for the people in the back. I actually had a pair of Eclipse Pointsource coax's but blew one of them for some reason or another. For the type of music and the volume level that I listen to them, it only made sense, since I could afford components for the back. I listen to mainly hard stuff like Korn, Nickelback, Creed, Chevelle, Breaking Benjamin, and throw in your occasional rap or country. My Eclipse amp is pushing 85x4 continous, if that helps.