Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

A few ?'s about Dynamt.

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 11:52 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

A few ?'s about Dynamt.

First should I Dynamat both top and bottom trunk lid. Already did top, wondering if I should put second layer or one on bottom? After dynamating lid should I cut Dynamat away from where the port in the rear deck is? If I do the floors will it be worth it? Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 12-31-2002, 07:28 AM

Re: A few ?'s about Dynamt.

Originally posted by thomasd cook
First should I Dynamat both top and bottom trunk lid. Already did top, wondering if I should put second layer or one on bottom? After dynamating lid should I cut Dynamat away from where the port in the rear deck is? If I do the floors will it be worth it? Thanks for any suggestions.
I would say yes, dynomat away. Most people here say to triple layer it but who's got that kind of money

If you have a sub in the trunk, definatly cut a hole where the dynomat is covering it to get a nice port for your sub(s) to vent through into the passenger compartment.
Old 12-31-2002, 07:38 AM

also, if you haven't taken out the bose 8 that lives back there..do so..it makes a great little port from the trunk into the cabin, makes a difference of night and day . but yeah, i'd dynamat away, set a limit on budget and get as much as you can and cover as much of the trunk and car as you can.
Old 12-31-2002, 05:18 PM

Wait a sec. You're telling me the premium Bose option came with an 8" subwoofer? I just built a custom wood floor for my trunk and didn't see anything! Where is this sucker, I need to yank it out for weight reduction
Old 12-31-2002, 09:19 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I think it was just an option in the 5th gens and up
Old 01-01-2003, 05:32 AM

Originally posted by KLoWnPR109
I think it was just an option in the 5th gens and up
coorect.

by the way, it's on the rear deck, so if you had a 5th gen you wouldn't see it if you had made a custom wood floor anyway. i know in the rsx, they put the bose sub in the spare tire well, in a custom enclosure.