Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Question about Dynamat

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2003, 05:02 PM

Question about Dynamat

Hello everyone! When you install dynamat into your doors, do you remove the plastic cover that protects everything inside your door or do you just leave the plastic cover and install dynamat over it? Does anyone know what i am talking about? Also with the trunk lid can i install dynamat and than put my carpet cover on or do i leave the dynamat showing? Thanks alot!
Old 01-05-2003, 07:15 PM

Re: Question about Dynamat

Well for the truck you should put the carpet back over the dynomat. I don't really know what you are talking about with the plastic cover, because I've never taken my door apart, but since dynomat is like insulation, so it can make you itchy, you should try to make sure the dynomat is safely hidden away.
Old 01-05-2003, 07:22 PM

Well for the truck you should put the carpet back over the dynomat. I don't really know what you are talking about with the plastic cover, because I've never taken my door apart, but since dynomat is like insulation, so it can make you itchy, you should try to make sure the dynomat is safely hidden away.
Old 01-05-2003, 08:01 PM

Originally posted by looney662
Hello everyone! When you install dynamat into your doors, do you remove the plastic cover that protects everything inside your door or do you just leave the plastic cover and install dynamat over it? Does anyone know what i am talking about? Also with the trunk lid can i install dynamat and than put my carpet cover on or do i leave the dynamat showing? Thanks alot!
I put some Dynomat in my doors around the speakers today. I just cut a piece that covers the whole corner of the door where the speak is...all the way up to the plastic. I left the plastic...I guessed that it was for keeping moisture away from the door panel which is relaly just cardboard. I would leave it. Dynamat around the speaker area was enough for me to get some good rattle reduction.