Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 12:32 PM

Help

I am planning to get a pretty high quality system for my 96 maxima. SO far all I have purchased is an Alpine 7894. I plan to purchase two diamond mac daddy 10's or two 12's and a propper enclosure to go with them. Also I plan o purchase 1 phoenix gold ti 1200.2 amp to power the subs. Also I plan to purchase some diamond audio Hex 6.5's components and probably another phoenix gold ti 500.4 amp. I also plan to purchase and alpine 6.5 inch indash lcd, and 2 6.5 or 7 inch lcds for the head rests. All this was recommened to me by a friend and I listen to his system thats made up of most of these parts. I just listened and it sounded and looks so nice. What I would like to know is exactly what else I will need to purchase to hook all this stuff up. For example I know I need the kit to run the power from the battery to the head unit and to power the amps. Can anybody tell me exactly what kit I will need and wheres the cheapest place to buy this. I know this stuff retails for 100$ in stores and that rediculous. Also what other wires and things will I need. ANy info will help me out greatly.
Old 01-30-2003, 01:47 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

Re: Help

Originally posted by DR0832
I am planning to get a pretty high quality system for my 96 maxima. SO far all I have purchased is an Alpine 7894. I plan to purchase two diamond mac daddy 10's or two 12's and a propper enclosure to go with them. Also I plan o purchase 1 phoenix gold ti 1200.2 amp to power the subs. Also I plan to purchase some diamond audio Hex 6.5's components and probably another phoenix gold ti 500.4 amp. I also plan to purchase and alpine 6.5 inch indash lcd, and 2 6.5 or 7 inch lcds for the head rests. All this was recommened to me by a friend and I listen to his system thats made up of most of these parts. I just listened and it sounded and looks so nice. What I would like to know is exactly what else I will need to purchase to hook all this stuff up. For example I know I need the kit to run the power from the battery to the head unit and to power the amps. Can anybody tell me exactly what kit I will need and wheres the cheapest place to buy this. I know this stuff retails for 100$ in stores and that rediculous. Also what other wires and things will I need. ANy info will help me out greatly.
some suggestions:

1. Buy from an authorized dealer so everything is covered. The cheapest price does not necessarily mean its going to be the best value. If that in dash monitor breaks you're screwed.

2. Have a custom high end shop in your area to do the job. The weakest point in any high end system is the installation. Again, the cheapest labor (friends excluded) doesn't mean it's going to be a A+ job.

3. Parts you will need would be a Nissan wire harness kit (like Metra), universal or Nissan radio pocket that mounts below the stereo. and an antenna adapter.

I know this stuff retails for 100$ in stores and that rediculous.
I don't think its rediculous. Some high end shops can work deals, search for one. Can you get professional help on the internet? Most sites you can't get the info you need and most high end shops know whats going on when it comes to high end systems.

5. Do a search around your area to see who does high end and who doesn't and base your decision from there

Hope this helps...
Old 01-30-2003, 02:54 PM

ma audio

How do MA audio amps such as the 2502 model or JL amps 500.1 compare to phoenix gold amps.
Old 01-30-2003, 03:25 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

Re: ma audio

Originally posted by DR0832
How do MA audio amps such as the 2502 model or JL amps 500.1 compare to phoenix gold amps.
JL would spank them. PG hasn't come out with anything new in the last few years (just to name a few brands) and the MA audio amps I'm sure are good. Just read the reviews on www.jlaudio.com website. It is one of our best selling mono block amplifiers nationwide.