Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

car alarm instal

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 12:24 AM

car alarm instal

I am installing an eagle eye 90-902c, I have a few minor questions about a few things and any help would be greatly appreciated.

First off my car uses a negative pulse to lock and unlock doors, one wire for lock one wire for unlock, my question is do i need to run these wires through a relay to my alarm brain or can i hook the wires (that give a negative pulse from the brain) directly to the lock/unlock wires. I wasint sure if i neede the relays, its got factory keyless (not the remote kind)

I would also appreciate any other comments or hints, i got most of this figured out just wondering about the keyless entry mostly. but if anyof you know anything about:
-good brain locations
-best way to tap into wires in a harness
-Oh...one more thing i really need to know, whats the difference between "door trigger neg" and door trigger pos." on the brain? is it just whichever my car uses or should i be using both

thanks, Kenneth
Old 03-25-2003, 05:25 AM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Re: car alarm instal

Originally posted by jayrebb
I am installing an eagle eye 90-902c, I have a few minor questions about a few things and any help would be greatly appreciated.

First off my car uses a negative pulse to lock and unlock doors, one wire for lock one wire for unlock, my question is do i need to run these wires through a relay to my alarm brain or can i hook the wires (that give a negative pulse from the brain) directly to the lock/unlock wires. I wasint sure if i neede the relays, its got factory keyless (not the remote kind)

I would also appreciate any other comments or hints, i got most of this figured out just wondering about the keyless entry mostly. but if anyof you know anything about:
-good brain locations
-best way to tap into wires in a harness
-Oh...one more thing i really need to know, whats the difference between "door trigger neg" and door trigger pos." on the brain? is it just whichever my car uses or should i be using both

thanks, Kenneth
Kenneth,

I am not at all familiar with the alarm you are using, but if it gives the option of pos,or neg from the brain you want to be on neg, assuming this is a Maxima that you are installing it on. You can hook the wires directly to the door lock wires. Lock/Unlock, NOT lock motor/unlock motor. You will also need to check your options on the alarm itself to know if double pulse unlock is available, this is necessary in the Maximas.

--Don
Old 03-25-2003, 05:38 AM

Re: Re: car alarm instal

Originally posted by Pearl96Max

Kenneth,

I am not at all familiar with the alarm you are using, but if it gives the option of pos,or neg from the brain you want to be on neg, assuming this is a Maxima that you are installing it on. You can hook the wires directly to the door lock wires. Lock/Unlock, NOT lock motor/unlock motor. You will also need to check your options on the alarm itself to know if double pulse unlock is available, this is necessary in the Maximas.

--Don
Don, thank you for your help the brain gives a negative pulse for loc/unlock....and what did you mean by a double pulse for unlock?? with the wires i found i only needed to touch them to ground once (thats for both lock and unlock) and yes, it is a maxima, thanks again