Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Stereo kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 09:40 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Stereo kit

Alright you know my friend 92 accord. Well, the kit he got from walmart is bending in the front because there is nothing to support it inside where the stereo is. He finished it saying it was good but its starting to bend in the front and lean forward. What can we use as a brace in the back? It doesnt have a reusable factory bracket to use.
Old 05-30-2003, 11:12 PM

Re: Stereo kit

Originally posted by max88q
Alright you know my friend 92 accord. Well, the kit he got from walmart is bending in the front because there is nothing to support it inside where the stereo is. He finished it saying it was good but its starting to bend in the front and lean forward. What can we use as a brace in the back? It doesnt have a reusable factory bracket to use.
Most head units will come with a generic bracket to use. Tell him to check his spare hardware. You gotta get in there and attach it to something and then the deck to it. That can be a difficult taks, finding something to screw it into, depending on the car.
Old 05-31-2003, 12:38 AM

my bro drives an 93 honda accord, and if u buy a decent kit, it should come with a metal bracket that clips on to your cd player, and u attach a metal line to it and bend it to support the weight, when i installed his system the first time i didn't kno that anything would happen if i left that part out, till the dash cracked in 2 places from all the stress.... so now i had to buy new dash trim, and put in the kit with the metal braket and a little block of wood to support the cd player in case it sags a little.....
Old 05-31-2003, 06:15 AM

So basically he got the cheapo kit. It didnt come with any metal brackets just plastic stuff. Now hes spending more money than he shouldve. I told him to get the kit from best buy. Naw too much money! Anyway that block of wood thing seems to be the trick but Im still worried about the headunit falling out. Anybody got any other Ideas.
Old 05-31-2003, 10:05 AM

go buy a kit from Mobile 1, they sell great kits, ,very sturdy, hold great, those are the only ones i buy, and i do a lot of installs.... they are called turbo kits (i kno, what a dumb name) and they only cost 28 dollars which i think is a lot b/c they only charge me 15 bucks b/c i buy soo much stuff from them.....
Old 05-31-2003, 01:20 PM

Originally posted by disgookonfiya
go buy a kit from Mobile 1, they sell great kits, ,very sturdy, hold great, those are the only ones i buy, and i do a lot of installs.... they are called turbo kits (i kno, what a dumb name) and they only cost 28 dollars which i think is a lot b/c they only charge me 15 bucks b/c i buy soo much stuff from them.....
Yup Cheap Kit. The ones to buy are made by Metra or Scosche. Buy them at best buy, good guys, circuit city. Theyre real sturdy.