Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Aftermarket alarm suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 01:04 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

aftermarket alarm

Originally posted by drsprite
Well, the car was vandalized again the other night. I think I might just have to sell the car. I test drove a 2004 jeep grand cherokee limited edition fully loaded with navi today... I might end up trading the max
What a drag... They got my headlights a few weeks ago and I felt the same way. But instead of trading it in, I did a little research and found the Viper 790 2 way alarm which I had installed w/ additional motion / knock sensors installed behind the headlights. So far, so good... from what I've read and the numerous others I spoken with, the only thing you can try to do is deter them from rippin' ya off... It was a little costly @ $900 bucks but I sleep better @ night. Besides the addtn'l sensors, there are addtn'l horns as well, so it's pretty loud and wakes up the neighbors (if needed)... If your interested in any more details, let me know
Old 07-07-2003, 03:30 PM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Re: aftermarket alarm

Originally posted by mikeg68

What a drag... They got my headlights a few weeks ago and I felt the same way. But instead of trading it in, I did a little research and found the Viper 790 2 way alarm which I had installed w/ additional motion / knock sensors installed behind the headlights. So far, so good... from what I've read and the numerous others I spoken with, the only thing you can try to do is deter them from rippin' ya off... It was a little costly @ $900 bucks but I sleep better @ night. Besides the addtn'l sensors, there are addtn'l horns as well, so it's pretty loud and wakes up the neighbors (if needed)... If your interested in any more details, let me know
$900?? I guess you never saw my groupdeals.

--Don
Old 07-24-2003, 10:57 AM

Don, you MUST be the man I'm looking for. I wanna hook up an aftermarket alarm to my 98 GLE. I wanna keep my stock alarm functions - plus add chirps, motion & vibration sensors, and maybe remote start.(you know, what an aftermarket alarm offers).
Also, I like your HID's. Do they have hi beam?

Finally, what are AE headlights?
Old 07-27-2003, 09:30 PM

Question: Is it possible for drsprite to install a circuit into the wiring in the side markers with his existing alarm? Then just glue the bulb housing into the back of the side marker so you have to cut the wire to steal them...then when the wire is cut the alarm is triggerd

Another thing...it sounds like it's the same thieves stealing your markers over and over as opposed to random thefts. I would bet that all it would take is for the alarm to trigger once and scare them off and they would find another car to target.

Tony
Old 08-14-2003, 09:11 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I've got a better idea. Camp on your car a couple nights and when they come to mess with it, get ur homies to stomp that **** so he doesn't f with u anymore.