Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

6 Disc In-Dash CD Changer

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 08:44 PM

6 Disc In-Dash CD Changer

Has anyone had problems with the 6 disc in-dash CD player? I have a 2002 Maxima and I have had nothing but problems. This will be the fifth time I have taken my car to the shop because of the CD Player. The latest problem - when playing the CD player the left speakers (front and back) sound muffled. If this car wasn't under warranty, I would go buy an aftermarket stereo. Also, I was told the stereo is not really a Bose stereo only the speakers and the Amp are from Bose, the CD player is actually made by Clarion.
Old 06-25-2003, 05:30 AM

Do a search in the 5th Gen forum and look at the postings there. They are correct, the head is Clarion and the amps are Bose. I do even believe that the speakers (at least A-Pillar tweeters) are clarion.

Travis
Old 08-10-2003, 07:54 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I had the EXACT same problem with my 2003 SE, luckily it was under warrenty and they replaced the HU. Did yours work on/off? It was a ***** to get it to he dealer while it was F******* up. Now I have to take mine back again for yet another HU. Are you using CD-Rs? Someone told me that may be the reason it's screwing up.
Old 08-17-2003, 07:16 AM

Originally posted by rwba
I had the EXACT same problem with my 2003 SE, luckily it was under warrenty and they replaced the HU. Did yours work on/off? It was a ***** to get it to he dealer while it was F******* up. Now I have to take mine back again for yet another HU. Are you using CD-Rs? Someone told me that may be the reason it's screwing up.

My radio has always worked....various problems with the CD player
skipping
wouldn't work at all - strange error
left side didn't play
intermitent play

You name it, I've had it.

Yes, I use CD-R's. Wow, that would be weird if that was the problem.