Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

To all the electrical/alarm gurus, need wiring help...

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 01:17 AM

To all the electrical/alarm gurus, need wiring help...

Just purchased an Alpine SEC-100s alarm for my '91, and I wanted to install it this weekend and I had a couple wiring questions. I found on bulldogsecurity.com the wire colors for the Maxima, but I think I'm missing something here.

First, looking at the directions for the alarm, there is a green wire in the primary wire harness that connects to the door pin wire. What color wire is the door pin wire, and where is it located?

Second, it looks as if there are two ignition wires in the Max. Black/white and white/green. Can I use either one of these wires, and are they both "true" ignition wires or is only one of them that way?

And third, what color is the wire for all doors unlock? Supposedly the Power Door Unlock wire is light blue, but is there a seperate wire for all doors unlock or do they use the same wire?

I think that should be all I need. Let me know if you need more information, or the wiring diagram for the alarm. I can scan it in. Thanks!

Matt L.
Old 08-14-2003, 09:19 AM
You will lose

I don't remember the exact colors off hand but if I recall correctly the easiest way to get the door trigger wire is in the A pillar going to the dome light, and you have to run wires into the driver door to do the locks right at the switch. The "TRUE" ignition wire will continue to show 12 volts during the start cycle. the other wire will only have power during the ACC and IGN positions on the key and will show ground during start cycle. If both wires show "TRUE" ignition, then either one will do. Because the SEC 100 is not a remote start, the only reason that there is an ignition wire is for programming, reset, and to make sure you don't activate the siren when you are driving. Back in the day, I had an Alpine 8046, and I wired up my own switch for Ignition, and I use to mess with my friends by rolling up to our nighttime hangout with no lights on, and hit the panic on the alarm and scare the crap out of them. Make sure you test all your wires with a Volt Meter and you should be fine.
Old 08-15-2003, 09:16 AM
I tend to get a bit irritable

The wires for the door trigger are at the Anti Theft module which is located to the left of the steering column and says "Theft Warning" on it. Dont use the wire in the pillar as there is a dome light delay and the alarm will think the door is still open when you arm it, therefore bypassing the door triggers. The easiest way isnt always the best way.

As for the ignition wires, they list two of them for the simple reason that Nissan changes colors at the ignition harness, so where as one side may be Black/White a few inches away the other side is White/Green.

You can easily find the door lock wires in either the driver kick panel or the door lock timer to the right of the steering column. The colors should be: Gray/Red for Lock and Light Blue for unlock. There is absolutely No need to run the wires into the door on the third gens.

--Don
Old 08-15-2003, 09:30 AM
You will lose

That's right...was thinking 4th Gen...been a long couple of days...