Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Satelite radio station question

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 04:09 PM

Satelite radio station question

thump radio called the movement on XM80.

is this station 24/7 house/trance/dance?

On the thump radio website they list time slots, so I was wondering what plays on the station outside of those slots.

The reason I ask is cause thump radio plays on so cal radio station 104.3 from 11 - 2am every weekday. I like the mixes that the resident dj's mix and found out that they broadcast on XM as well. If they broadcast all day that would really give me an incentive to get XM radio and put that ugly attennae on my car. =)

Thanks for the help guys.
Old 09-25-2003, 07:27 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by NISMO808
thump radio called the movement on XM80.

is this station 24/7 house/trance/dance?

On the thump radio website they list time slots, so I was wondering what plays on the station outside of those slots.

The reason I ask is cause thump radio plays on so cal radio station 104.3 from 11 - 2am every weekday. I like the mixes that the resident dj's mix and found out that they broadcast on XM as well. If they broadcast all day that would really give me an incentive to get XM radio and put that ugly attennae on my car. =)

Thanks for the help guys.
Here is a link to the website that describes XM80.
XM 80/ The Move

There is another choice other than XM for this type of music.
Sirius 63/ Planet Dance

You can decide which one you like better. Personally, I am not into this type of music but wanted to show you both of the options without being biased.

Good luck with your choice.

PS: In case you are wondering, I chose to subcribe to Sirius Satellite Radio.
Old 09-25-2003, 08:49 PM

Awesome, thanks for the links kronman. I'll go ahead and check out the links. Seems like sirius is the popular choice of the org.
Old 09-26-2003, 07:03 AM

sirius is pretty cool, except i don't know how many times i've heared "Get Low" since installing it 2 weeks ago
Old 09-26-2003, 12:18 PM
You will lose

I think you will enjoy either to the point where you can't live without it. I did some work for the Vice Presidents of XM, and I have a demo account. I don't know what I would do without the comedy channel XM150. But they play a lot of cool dance music and everything else. There is always something worth listening to on Satellite Radio.
Old 09-26-2003, 12:56 PM

Tapout cool, i'm from maryland originally so i've seen the XM headquarters in d.c.

I was going through the channel listings for both and they seem to be pretty even. XM is cheaper... hmmm.
Old 09-26-2003, 04:53 PM

I have XM and heard that if your into dance then sirius is the way to go. personally I havent heard much dance on XM that impressed me yet. they need to start playing some underground trance instead of this mainstream madonna and justin timberlake remix cr@p.
Old 09-27-2003, 09:56 AM
You will lose

The real bottom line is that Sirius is marketed more for the younger gen, and XM is more toward the 40 somethings. Sirius costs a little more, but they are 100% commercial free on their music channels while XM runs commercials on about 1/2 of their music channels. These commercials are not like what you hear on FM/AM, usually it is one commercial, and then back to programming. I have seen more dance music on Sirius, but I have a $600 Alpine Radio, and they do XM, and not Sirius. I have found that more people have made their decision on what product they like to buy, as to whether it is Sirius or XM. Up until this last two months or so, the only good radios carrying Sirius were Kenwood, and Panasonic. Now there are much more choices, and adapters to run either. I think the best radios on the market right now are the Alpines, so I went with XM, not to mention I don't pay for it.