Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

infiniti/bose

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 05:28 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

infiniti/bose

Hi....I have been trying to find info about changing my bose system on my 2002 i35, but i can't seem to find any thing.

I want to replace the factory 6disc changer with the kenwood kvt-911 in-dasc dvd/cd player with fold out 6.5 in. screen. I want keep all the foctory speakers and just ad a subwoofer bok and an amp. also there would be tv monitors in the head rest. Has anyone ever changed the factory radio?

The car audio guy at tweeter said i have to replace the whole unit. From radio, speakers and even wires. Is this true?

i cant find an aftermarket radio adapter to make the double-DIN a single. Do thay make then yet?

and finally, I want to put 20" rims on it. The rim guy said that 20's would affect my handeling and my mileage. any body have rims bigger than 18"?
Old 10-17-2003, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by bronko2000
Hi....I have been trying to find info about changing my bose system on my 2002 i35, but i can't seem to find any thing.

I want to replace the factory 6disc changer with the kenwood kvt-911 in-dasc dvd/cd player with fold out 6.5 in. screen. I want keep all the foctory speakers and just ad a subwoofer bok and an amp. also there would be tv monitors in the head rest. Has anyone ever changed the factory radio?

The car audio guy at tweeter said i have to replace the whole unit. From radio, speakers and even wires. Is this true?

i cant find an aftermarket radio adapter to make the double-DIN a single. Do thay make then yet?

and finally, I want to put 20" rims on it. The rim guy said that 20's would affect my handeling and my mileage. any body have rims bigger than 18"?
yes you have to rewire everything and most likely get aftermarket speakers.. the bose systems have their own speakers, i know that in the 96-99 i30 the speakers each have their own individual amps and run at 1ohm.. you might have some problems just upgrading the HU

why would you want to put 20s on a car?? they're so damn heavy and are way too big for an i35
with 20s your handling and RIDE will be reverely affected, you'll have to get the rubber band tires and you'll feel every single little bump in the road, the ride will be terrible.. i'd never even think about driving a car with 19s or 20s
Old 10-17-2003, 09:41 AM

I think you might be able to get a PAC ROEM-NIS2, but I would verify that. It works with the Nissan Bose system to allow factory speakers to runn of an upgraded headunit.