Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Questions about Infinity Components

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 11:24 AM

Questions about Infinity Components

I am trying to upgrade my stock ghetto 2k3 system, and I was wondering if you guys can help me out and give me some advice. I could go to sounddomain but I like feedback from the .org members.

Tweeters-
Infinity Reference 1001t

Front Speakers + Rear Speakers -
Infinity Kappa 63.5i Front
Infinity Kappa 52.5i Rear

Amplifer-
Rockford Fosgate Power 551X

Ok so there it is... if you have recommendations... please post... I want to know if the the amp is sufficient to run all these speakers...

If anyone has the Infinity 63.5i... are these too deep for the front??

Also... will these tweeters fit?

What other wires do I need to install this whole system. Sorry about the noob questions, but I am desperate for advice.
Old 02-25-2004, 02:16 PM

Ok, i recommend that you get the Infinity Kappa 63.5i for the back( 6 1/2 fit nicely) and get the kappa components for the fronts. That amp should be ok but it you will not get full potential out the speakers.

If you planning to get a sub, get a bigger amp for the speakers.

i have the same speakers in my car with an alpine deck and an alpine amp, they sound great. You might wanna consider getting a sub to get a more balanced system.
Old 02-25-2004, 02:34 PM

ok so the 6 1/2 can fit in the rear? Cool....

Ok im down with the Kappa Components in the front, and Kappa 63.5i for rear. Ill up the Amp i guess since I do want full potential of the speakers.... BTW... what amp model do you have?

Also one more question.. did you dynomat your car? Im thinking about doing that also. One more thing.. .was the kappa install hard? as in the speakers being too deep for the mounting? KGB, you been a great help. thanks
Old 02-25-2004, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by maximo-SE
ok so the 6 1/2 can fit in the rear? Cool....

Ok im down with the Kappa Components in the front, and Kappa 63.5i for rear. Ill up the Amp i guess since I do want full potential of the speakers.... BTW... what amp model do you have?

Also one more question.. did you dynomat your car? Im thinking about doing that also. One more thing.. .was the kappa install hard? as in the speakers being too deep for the mounting? KGB, you been a great help. thanks
The amp i have right now is not that great, my good amp burned and is being repaired as we speak, i used to put about 100 rms to the components and they sounded much cleaner/louder then with about 45 rms im putting to them right now.
i suggest you get a JL 300/4 that is a perfect amp for these 4 speakers, its a bit pricey but a you can hear the difference.

Install was easy the speakers fit perfectly into stock bose brackets, if you hve a non bose system you might need to cut out some mounting rings out of mdf.

my car is not dynomatted and it rattles some times when i blast 2 12jlw2v2 with the 500/1 jl amp

Old 02-25-2004, 03:42 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

kappas IMO lack in the mid bass dept....for the $$$ there are better components out there...
Old 02-25-2004, 05:24 PM

cdts are great speakers. my friends all think my cdts sound better than my friends kappas, but its all preference.