Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Bandpass.xls?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2001, 07:04 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Has any one used bandpass.xls? Is it really accurate?

I'm probably going to build a custom 4th order box and would like to be sure that I do it right.
Old 03-17-2001, 07:33 PM

I've never heard of that one. You might want to try WinISD it does a nice job...

http://www.linearteam.org/winisd.html
Old 03-18-2001, 10:30 AM

Originally posted by CanuckAMP
I've never heard of that one. You might want to try WinISD it does a nice job...

http://www.linearteam.org/winisd.html
That is a nice program. It closley matches the other one but the GUI is much nicer. Thanks

How can I simulate cabin gain and crossover points? How can I simulate the effects of my systems 70hz 12db lowpass filter. Or would I just tune my band pass box to roll off at ~70hz?
Old 03-18-2001, 11:20 AM

I would set it up to tune the box for what's ideal for your drivers. As far as simulating an extra crossover point the program can't do that, but you could generate numbers from the program in a print out and with a few calculations figure out your own hand plotted graph or one using a spreadsheet data.
Old 03-18-2001, 12:09 PM

Originally posted by CanuckAMP
I would set it up to tune the box for what's ideal for your drivers. As far as simulating an extra crossover point the program can't do that, but you could generate numbers from the program in a print out and with a few calculations figure out your own hand plotted graph or one using a spreadsheet data.

So if my crossover is set at 70hz should I tune the box to roll off at 70hz because it wont be getting and frequencies higher than that anyway?

When I set it up that way the WIN I get a little bit of extra lower end extension and a few more db's too.
Old 03-18-2001, 02:14 PM

I'd likely cross it over higher to get the low pass crossover step working at a frequency above your box tuned frequency. That way your subs will have more efficiency at their tuned frequency of the bandpass box....