Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Need Some Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 06:04 PM

Need Some Help

Ok,

I just bought a 2001 GLE with 28,000 miles and sold my 95 GXE with 100,000. I am loving the car except for one thing. The speaker rattle! It is beyond annoying. So this is my question. I want to upgrade my stock BOSE system because from what I have heard and from what I do hear it sucks. I am not looking for a kick *** blow your ears off system. Just something that has decent power and can play my CD's and sound clear and crisp. I am willing to replace all the speakers/amp/sub and the HU.The thing is, the BOSE HU looks nice and really goes well with the climate control setup. I think it really adds to the look of the cabin. I need some reccomendations about how I should go about this upgrade. I really would like to avoid removing the HU for reasons just mentioned. Is this possible? or am I dreaming if I think I can keep the HU and have a solid sound system? And if I should replace it I need some recommendations for a new HU( I want one that plays MP3's if I must upgrade)that looks great with the climate control layout and performs great as well as speaker suggestions to go with it. If I can squeeze by with the HU intact, which direction should I go with replacing speakers/amp/sub? I am assuming that the new setup will fix the speaker rattle. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.