Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Question about Viper alarm

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 04:15 PM

Question about Viper alarm

Hey, just had a few questions about the Viper alarm system.
I emailed Don in NJ, but I guess he's a little busy or something.
Anyways, here goes.

1.How far away can you be from the car to have the alarm alert the pager?
Does the pager tell you what part of the car is being broken into?
How long does the alarm go off for? 20 Minutes?

2.Are there sensors on the headlights? If so, how do they trigger to go off? Does the alarm go off when you touch the headlights or do you have to wiggle it out and break the tabs?

3.Think it would be ok to glue the headlights into the car? I have 02 headlights on a 00 and the only things securing the headlights to the car is the 2 screw tabs. I don't have the white clips that go on the bottom because I cut them off for the projectors.

4.Last question...haha sorry
Do you know how much Don is charging for the Viper install? I remember reading about a special he was running. What would be the best way to get in touch with him? Apparently I know it's not email.

Thanks a bunch guys!
Old 11-22-2004, 06:00 PM
A swift Bimmer driver

Originally Posted by Jinro
Hey, just had a few questions about the Viper alarm system.
I emailed Don in NJ, but I guess he's a little busy or something.
Anyways, here goes.

1.How far away can you be from the car to have the alarm alert the pager?
Does the pager tell you what part of the car is being broken into?
How long does the alarm go off for? 20 Minutes?

2.Are there sensors on the headlights? If so, how do they trigger to go off? Does the alarm go off when you touch the headlights or do you have to wiggle it out and break the tabs?

3.Think it would be ok to glue the headlights into the car? I have 02 headlights on a 00 and the only things securing the headlights to the car is the 2 screw tabs. I don't have the white clips that go on the bottom because I cut them off for the projectors.

4.Last question...haha sorry
Do you know how much Don is charging for the Viper install? I remember reading about a special he was running. What would be the best way to get in touch with him? Apparently I know it's not email.

Thanks a bunch guys!
Sup man?
I am waiting to setup an appt with Don for my Viper 791XV Installed... Im in Boston and i have to find time to go out to NJ to get it done...

I've heard many of my friends who have it say that the range is 1/4 of a mile... Keep in mind that the steel buildings might cut off the waves coming into the remote. The remote tells u which sensor was activated for example "Shock Sensor" or the "Proximity Sensor" (optional)... so its pretty cool i guess.

The time that u can have the alarm to go off for is upto 3 minutes i think... i dont think u want ur alarm goin off for 20 mins... it might drain the battery or annoy ur neighbhors or passerbys. The 3 minutes is good enough to catch attention to the car by who ever is nearby. A good thief will break into ur car no matter what u have for security... i heard they can leave with the lights in 30 seconds which sounds unbelievable but i believe it man!

The 791XV comes with shock sensors which Don can set it sensitive enough to trigger the warn away chirps so the thief might back off realizing it has an alarm installed... if they still mess with the car the alarm goes to full alert mode and it pages u. I heard that the thieves actually pull off the front grill, get the hood open and off they go with the lights.

Gluing ur headlights? I dunno if thats gonna work though.

I believe Don is charging $449 for the alarm, install and the front window modules which roll down and roll up windows by using the remote... which is an awesome deal...(dont quote me on that) The places are here are charging $1100 - $1300 for the same!... also they dont have the experience Don has with Maximas... he has worked on over a 100 Maximas...Thats why im waiting to have him do my install

I have Dons phone # which he gave me and i've spoken to him a few times... If he doesnt answer, lv a message and he will call u by the next day... You gotta realize that hes doing all this by himself... I hope he doesnt get upset at me for giving out his phone #, but im just trying to help out a fellow .org member! 732-921-9046

Good luck pal...
Manoj
Old 11-22-2004, 09:55 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

The automated windows are only for 5.5gen cars.

I had the alarm installed by Don on Sunday, it is awesome and i would recommend the alarm and Don as the installer anyday.
Old 11-23-2004, 02:50 AM
A swift Bimmer driver

Originally Posted by bg18461
The automated windows are only for 5.5gen cars.

I had the alarm installed by Don on Sunday, it is awesome and i would recommend the alarm and Don as the installer anyday.
Oh yesss....you are rite... its for the 5.5 gens only!
Old 11-23-2004, 07:15 AM
enthuzed.........

you can add an additional module that will allow the windows to operate with the viper. you can add another for the sunroof too.

i think the only thing left out is to remote control your car so you can drive it!
Old 11-23-2004, 07:47 AM
A swift Bimmer driver

Originally Posted by resurrectedmax
you can add an additional module that will allow the windows to operate with the viper. you can add another for the sunroof too.

i think the only thing left out is to remote control your car so you can drive it!
You are right! Im sure that technology will be here soon!... I cant wait...
Old 11-23-2004, 08:16 AM

Hey thanks for all the details EastSideMaxima.
You been a big help.
I'll be sure to call him.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:47 PM
A swift Bimmer driver

Originally Posted by Jinro
Hey thanks for all the details EastSideMaxima.
You been a big help.
I'll be sure to call him.
You're very welcome pal! This is why we are all here for!
Old 11-23-2004, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by resurrectedmax

A DEI 555u or 556u is the window module. Should set you back about $55-$60.
Old 11-23-2004, 04:20 PM

Don just did a remote start on my Pathfinder as well- too bad was not as cake as my Maxima was, but yeah he's a great installer
Old 11-23-2004, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by filtor1
A DEI 555u or 556u is the window module. Should set you back about $55-$60.
no, the 555u or the 556u are universal bypasses for remote start. 530t is the window module
Old 11-23-2004, 10:00 PM

WRONG, 2005 MAX with 791XV and window automation up and down off keypad with no extra's
Old 11-24-2004, 06:00 AM

who's wrong? me? try doing window automation on a vehicle that needs a module. it's gonna be a little harder than using a 530t. it can be done, but you need 2 relays for each window (up and down), and there's a crap-ton more wiring involved than just using the module. if you have a 4th gen the easiest way to do window automation is to use the 530t module.
Old 11-24-2004, 07:16 AM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Your actually both right...

What 6thGenMax is referring to is on the 5.5+ gens the module isnt needed. Just tap the doorlock wires with Validity.

5ht gen and under the 530/529T modules are needed....

--Don
Old 11-24-2004, 10:10 AM

and im saying my 6th gen has the option up and down cause don told me what to do and works fine with no module
Old 11-24-2004, 11:07 AM

for shizzle 6thgen