Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Question on Bose, what it stands for, and what I want to do.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 10:03 PM

Question on Bose, what it stands for, and what I want to do.

Hey all. I was wondering about Bose components. Well, for starters, my 2k Max does not have any Bose components installed, completely stock non-Bose.

Now, I'm planning on replacing the speakers in my vehicle with 2 2-way speakers in the front, and two 3 ways in the back, to get a good combination of bass and clarity. I also don't want to replace my head unit, so I plan on getting a decent 4 channel amplifier. All in all, I want to have a system that can play music extremely clear at high volume levels.

Now to my question on Bose. Are the Bose head units, the same as my non-Bose head unit, but just has the Bose logo on it, and attached to a Bose amplifier? Or is there actually a noticeable difference in my non-Bose headunit to the Bose head unit?

Now, what speakers should I go for to get total clarity and a decent amount of bass at high volumes. Thanks guys.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:57 AM

Bump.

Also, do you think it's a good idea to go 2 two-way speakers up front and 2 three-ways in the back doors?

Keep in mind, I want to primarily get a very balanced system setup, equal clraity and thump (bass).

I was looking at the Rockford Fosgate FRC4205 for the front and the Kenwood KFC-1389ie three-ways in the back. What do you guys think? And also the Clarion APA450 amp.

Is this a good set up, for clarity, and also good bass (enough to make my mirrors rattle and vibrate at mid-volume levels? :-p)
Old 01-04-2005, 07:02 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

You should always put the best speakers up front. The rears don't need to be anything special.

You need a sub for good bass and thump. Free-air 6.5s won't do it.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Micah95GLE
You should always put the best speakers up front. The rears don't need to be anything special.

You need a sub for good bass and thump. Free-air 6.5s won't do it.
Which out of the two would be better, the three ways? Also, what do you guys think if I went with 4 three ways all over? My friend kept saying it'll be muffled with bass if I bought 4 three-way speakers, is this true? To be honest, I'd be really happy with a decently priced system, comprising of an amp and 4 speakers, that would deliver clarity and thump (bass), without the addition of subs (for the time being).

I really want to do my research before spending money, I'm not an audiophile, I just hate the crap (non-bose) set-up in my max, especially with the crackling at high volumes, recommend me 4 speakers that aren't overly priced, or brands I should look out for, and I'd be a happy mam .
Old 01-04-2005, 07:43 AM

"3-way" speakers consist of a midrange, a tweeter, and a super tweeter for stronger midrange and extended high-frequency ouput, so there won't be any more bass output. The woofers are the same woofers that Kenwood uses in their coaxials (2-ways).

I can't say which of those speakers is better without listening to them myself.

Those speakers that you have listed are 5.25s. You should get 6.5s for a little more midbass output. But you still won't have any low bass (probably no output below about 70 Hz).
Old 01-04-2005, 08:23 AM

Ok, now the question is, what should I be looking for, or looking at? Right now, I don't want to invest in subs, and I also don't want that powerful of bass. So I don't know what I should invest in, help!
Old 01-04-2005, 06:04 PM

Hey, instead of getting the Kenwood KFC-1389ie (which are 5-1/4" 3-way Speakers), I decided to go with the Kenwood KFC-1689ie (6-1/2"/6-3/4" 3-way Speakers), any opinions on this? Thanks for the help my friends.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:42 AM

Those should work fine.