Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Help me out here

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 05:09 PM

Help me out here

Hey guys...i dont know jack about sterio systems...i own a 02 max w/bose i want to upgrade....i have a 10" sub in a box i want to use...im thinking of getting a component set for the front and replacing the rear speakers...what kind of amp am i going to need for this...i want to replace the headunit also w/something decent...how is polk audio?...thinking about going w/them.....also what do i do w/the stock 8" sub in the rear and the stock amp?....advice anyone?
Old 01-24-2005, 05:18 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Email islandsound1@yahoo.com (djdilliodon or something here). You can get some good prices on CDT speakers from him.

From what I've been reading as I've been working on building my system, I've come to the conclusion that polk is decent, but there is much better for the money.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:05 PM

Hey bud glad to see that your going to upgrade because Bose systems realy suck. Alpine head units are always a must, for spearkers ..for the price of polks buy JL Audios
which are best speakers by far. But if not Infinity speakers will sound great. As for the Bose amps in car junk them or sell them on ebay some idiot will buy them off you. Buy any good name amps like Punch, Kenwoods, Alpines, Audiobahns, Sony, JL Audios, you get the picture. If you never heard of a brand don't buy it. As for the 10in sub - box it or you may have to do some custom work which seems your not able to do it yourself. I don't suggest for you to use any factory sound stuff to after market units , why you ask, it's waste of time, money and good sound. And last note if buying amp look into 4 channel amps like 75-100 watts x4 for front & rear speakers because it will sound much better when putting in after market speakers if not going to buy any amps then just leave the Bose in ...G-luck ......peace........
Old 01-24-2005, 06:18 PM

thanks for the info....i have a 4 channel amp so maybe ill use that for the speakers..if i get a set of components do i still use the 4 channel amp for the 2 rear and the 2 comps?...then i guess im gonna need what a 2 channel amp for the 10?...or is there a 1 channel amp i could buy?...thanks...and if i buy a aftermarket headunit i have to buy that wiring harness they tell you you need on crutchfield? i guess so right.