Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

amp/sub + stock bose worked fine...

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 12:02 PM

amp/sub + stock bose worked fine...

hey all
i just wanted to let people know that if you would like to hook up a cheaper solution to adding a sub and amp but keep the stock system so it all still looks super clean, u dont need all that adapter crap or line level converter whatever it is.
i bought a SMALL 300w bridgable amp and a reaaaly crappy 12 and box. my cousin told me to get the amp because it had this 'high input' thing on it that i spliced right into the rear deck speakers. the amp came with an Okay wire kit so i did all that up. the thing pounds the way i wanted it to now, its sweet. nothing crazy like alot of you guys have but i dont want to shake my bag off while driving i just wanted to have alot of bass.

i posted this because when i was looking at the how to's and whatever, it was hard for me to tell what method i should go with...this method took no extra $ for adapters and its one that i never knew about.
i have a few questions too: i routed the power wire along the edge of the engine bay around to the passenger side and through a rubber seal that holds the power controls for the door. and then back to the trunk.
that isnt going to make problems is it??

also:the remote wire, i spliced into a power wire for the deck. is that okay?
Old 04-11-2005, 08:02 PM

Line output converter > high level input. But with crappy equipment it wont matter I suppose.

Power wire...Im confused as to where you say its going, but I suppose as long as you cant see it, it wont get pinched or caught on anything, and your happy with it, whatever. As for the remote, that depends on which wire you tapped into. The easiest way would have been to run it to the power right at the rear deck which goes to one of the Bose amps, but you can also wire it to the radio's amp turn on, or an accessory.