Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Anybody with Alpine cva-1000 or knowledge with this unit...help plz.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2001 | 04:54 PM

hey guys,
i need some help with my alpine cva-1000 screen. how tha hell do i add a tv tuner to it? i bought an audiovox tv tuner and don't have a clue how to set it up. i looked at the brain and can't figure out how im gonna do the install. i've heard of some video modifications, but haven't found out if this is what i need to do to get this damn thing installed. now im wondering if u can even watch tv on the alpine cva-1000. any help or directions would be of great help.

thanks in advance,
sachin
Old 05-10-2001 | 06:49 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by sachin98max
hey guys,
i need some help with my alpine cva-1000 screen. how tha hell do i add a tv tuner to it? i bought an audiovox tv tuner and don't have a clue how to set it up. i looked at the brain and can't figure out how im gonna do the install. i've heard of some video modifications, but haven't found out if this is what i need to do to get this damn thing installed. now im wondering if u can even watch tv on the alpine cva-1000. any help or directions would be of great help.

thanks in advance,
sachin

It's hard to do and you have to hack the Ai-Net input. I don't know exactly how... The newer cva-1005 has aux video input (among a lot of other new features) which will work with any video source. I might be selling mine soon if you're interested.
Old 05-10-2001 | 11:14 PM

hey let me know how much u plan on selling yours for. i would probably be willing to buy if you offer a good price. i hate to buy another screen, but if it makes things easier then i might have to go that route. let me know in advance when u plan to sell so that it gives me time to gather cash and find a buyer for my alpine screen. by the way, what are you planning to get?? another screen?

thanks
sachin
Old 05-13-2001 | 03:57 PM

hey let me know how much u plan on selling yours for. i would probably be willing to buy if you offer a good price. i hate to buy another screen, but if it makes things easier then i might have to go that route. let me know in advance when u plan to sell so that it gives me time to gather cash and find a buyer for my alpine screen. by the way, what are you planning to get?? another screen?

thanks
sachin

Yeh I'm planning to move up to an iva-c800

i'm probably going to get rid of the in-dash dvd too, it's cool but useless. I've played one movie in it since I owned it.

CVA1005 + DVA5200 for sale ... paid $2800 ... anyone make an offer?

I need to get a good dash kit first tho... my dash is such a f*ing mess
Old 05-13-2001 | 07:34 PM

just wondering...but why the hell did u pay so much for that combo?? i think circuit city here sells the cva-1005 for like $1200...and i think the dva-5200 goes for like $800 or $900. am i right with these prices??? i probably wouldn't offer on the dvd player since i knew i wouldn't have used it in the first place like u said...but the cva-1005 i could def. use. but i'll hold off on the offer b/c i get the feeling ur looking for quite a bit more than i expected. i'll keep checkin this thread to see what offers you are getting.

thanks
sachin
Old 05-14-2001 | 08:27 AM

just wondering...but why the hell did u pay so much for that combo?? i think circuit city here sells the cva-1005 for like $1200...and i think the dva-5200 goes for like $800 or $900. am i right with these prices??? i probably wouldn't offer on the dvd player since i knew i wouldn't have used it in the first place like u said...but the cva-1005 i could def. use. but i'll hold off on the offer b/c i get the feeling ur looking for quite a bit more than i expected. i'll keep checkin this thread to see what offers you are getting.

thanks
sachin
I bought them last summer before the IVA and 5205 came out -- so retail was higher because at the time they were top of the line. I think cva retail was 1499 and 5200 retail was 1299 or something... plus install etc
Old 05-14-2001 | 08:33 AM

btw

thanks
sachin
Plus I would never let Circuit City touch my car. Ever. Also I'm not one to shop and shop until I find the lowest price to the dollar.

But anyway I'm just looking to make my dash look good and put the IVA in there.. probably not to replace the dvd player.. so just looking to come out fairly even on that deal. (iva $ + dash work $ = what I want to get from cva + dva sale)
Old 05-14-2001 | 10:17 AM

okay i understand with what you're saying about those prices. yeah ur right if you bought them when they were the highest model, then the prices sound right. but when selling them in the current market, you've got to look at the fair market value. but anyways, i'll just straight up offer at the most probably around $700.....MAX $750. I am sure this is not what you're looking for. Please let me know though when you get a chance. Thanks.

Sachin
Old 05-14-2001 | 12:59 PM

Are you out of your DAMN mind????

$700 for a cva1005, in your wettest dream maybe.....i just recently bought one......and ill i have to say, is you wont ever get one of these for less than $900.......but it would be cool if you did.......
Old 05-14-2001 | 04:43 PM

hey pawn....naw i ain't outta mah damn mind. considering i've got the alpine cva-1000 and got it plus an alpine 12-disc changer for $750. also, do u know that im offering my price on a used unit?? also, my offer may seem low to you, but as a buyer, i can't offer as much as others because
1. im a college student
2. i've already spent money on a monitor before, i don't have the cash flow to keep buying new monitors. the only reason i want to buy his is b/c of the extra features which i would utilize and that my current alpine does not have.

also, maineI30, as a college student I do have to shop around for the lowest price. maybe when i graduate and have a decent job i'll have the luxury to just go to a store and buy what i want...but for now i try live with what I have. it's hard as an enthusiast to read about all these people with superchargers and NOS, etc. etc. I don't mean to disrespect anybody with my price offer, like I said it's all I can offer under the situation that I am in.

Sachin
Old 05-15-2001 | 10:12 AM

ok guys

the head unit is for sale at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1238263853

and the dva is for sale at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1238268436

thanks
Old 05-20-2001 | 09:35 PM

hey guys,

thanks in advance,
sachin
sachin98max, if you decide not to go with the cva1005 and decide the tv tuner is too difficult for you to install, i will be more than willing to take it off of your hands if you want to sell