Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Help!! what to do now??

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 12:25 PM

Help!! what to do now??

hey guys, my car was broken into two days ago, and someone attempted to steal my avic-n1 but they only managed to steal the monitor and pulverize the rest of the in-dash unit.

My question is what can i do now?? i still have the brain/hide away unit, detachable face plate, all the wiring and cables, and the hands free voice activation. what can i do with the components that i still have left? if push comes to shove i would just sell what i have left of it and start over, but if i can still put what i have to good use i would like to know how. thanks.

and one other thing, can someone please explain to me what exactly it is that the hide away unit/brain does. thanks again.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:51 PM

I guess no one seems to know the functionality of the hideaway unit?? i go on ebay occationally looking for a new in-dash system and i always see people selling these hideaway units after there cars were coincidentally broken into and had the monitor and faceplate stolen. that right there tells me that they have some apparent value and or significance, so i want to know what is it?? if anyone knows the answer to this, any help is needed and will be much appreciated. Thanks
Old 06-20-2005, 04:21 PM

Pic dont work BTW. Anyways, im sorry to hear. You can get quite a decent amount of money for what you have left. I believe the bran processes everything and the monitor basically displays it, but im not sure. I would think you can get about $500 if not more for what you have left. Also, since im in NY to, I was wonderign were this happened?
Old 06-20-2005, 04:24 PM

It differs a little from unit to unit, but its basically processing, whether its all the inputs/outputs, the tv tuner, am/fm tuner, built in amplifier, gyroscope for gps, etc, etc. Basically, you need it.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:10 PM

The theft happened on E. Tremont street and grand concourse ave in the bronx. Those guys are vultures out there. Geeez.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:44 PM

OO ok I rarely go aorund there. I would suggest you sell it off on ebay piece by peice and at least get some of your money back. Then you can take that towards the purchase of a new one.