Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 11:00 PM
The Golden One

Help Please

Can someone give me good specs for front speakers (size, RMS, etc.) and the same for rear speakers? I have a 1997 Maxima GXE without bose. I want something clear but somewhat powerful without having to get an amp. My price ceiling is like 300. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:46 AM

After my stock speakers blew, I replaced them with the recommended 6.5 in 3-ways for the front and 6.5 4-ways in the rear. They're work with the factory HU which isn't pushing them to the full potential, but I'm gonna replace it with a double din. Getting the speakers out was the easy part, installing the new ones took a little more time.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:38 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

MB Quarts-If you got a little extra $$$$---only way to go in my book.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:00 PM
The Golden One

Thanks guys. So 6-3/4" won't fit in either the front or rear? Cause according to Crutchfield...they do.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:17 PM
The Golden One

I have a slight problem and I have NO IDEA how to fix it or remedy it. This is what's up:

Task: Putting a AM/FM/Tape/CD OEM Head Unit (Non-Bose) into a 1997 GXE that only has a AM/FM/Tape.

Sounds easy eh? Now for the hard part.

This is what I have right now (rear picture):

These are the plugs I have that could possibly fit a stereo head unit:

These are the two variations of the CD player model that I've seen...different plug setups:

What are my options? Wiring Harness?

I need help ASAP because I bid on a unit on EBay and I can't go back now and it has the 3 plug setup so either way it won't work. I need to know if I can use that stereo or not. And also please note: I'm not very handy with wires and so on. My area is computers, I'm just now starting to learn cars (Maxima's) thanks to all of you. Please help.