Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

I just want DECENT sound for a change

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 08:10 PM

I just want DECENT sound for a change

Basically, I have a 1997 Nissan Maxima and I'm planning to switch out the entire stock stereo system. I'm planning on buying a Pioneer DEH-P4800MP deck and 4 Pioneer Ts-A1680R 4-way speakers to switch out the stock speakers in the front and rear. Now I'd like some advice. Is it a good idea to put the same exact type of speakers all throughout the car or should I consider some other type of setup? Also, I know that the deck can only push out 22 RMS watts. Does this affect the quality of sound and the amount of bass the speakers can deliver? Should I consider investing some money into an amplifier so I can fully take advantage of what the speakers can deliver? I might consider adding a subwoofer in the trunk sometime in the future. Are there any steps I should take now in order to be better prepared for expanding my system to accomodate new additions? I'd appreciate any guidance/insight on the issue as this is my first attempt at trying to replace those damn buzzing stock speakers with something that can bump. Also, any tips on how to wire up the system would be greatly appreciated (how to get wiring for amp all the way to the trunk from the front of the car). I'm planning on installing this system myself as I am a VERY hands-on person and like learning how to do things myself. Thanks in advance.

BTW, is there really that much of a difference between 3-way and 4 way speakers? Just wondering
Old 07-11-2006, 05:45 AM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

For the fronts, get some type of components. For the rear a 2 way is more than sufficient, yes amp them, once you have the wiring ran for the one amp, just have the rca's for the sub output of the hu sent to the trunk or the future moutning location of the sub amp. Then you just have to use distribution blocks to split the signal for power ground, and u can split the remote wire.