Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Do all DEI alarms use the same window modules?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 12:07 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Do all DEI alarms use the same window modules?

The reason I ask is because I don't want to go back to the shop I had my Automate AM9 installed at. Nice people, but takes WAY too long. Took 2 FULL days to install it, with just 1 guy working on it. They put in window modules for the front windows, but not for the back. I apparently wasn't clear about exactly what I wanted and I really don't want to deal with them again. I'd rather go to another shop and have them do the back windows.

Also, I have to hold down 2 buttons (for the same length of time as I did on the factory fob) on the remote to get the windows to roll down. It's not "one touch". Is this normal for DEI alarms?

One more question. Is there any way to increase the range? It seems pretty short and when I'm in my work building, the range is like 100 feet at most. I know buildings interfere with signals, but I just want to know if there is any addon signal booster/antenna/etc.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:20 PM

I'm pretty sure DEI only makes two kind of modules for power windows. I believe each module can only operate two windows at a time on one auxiliary channel. There's a 529T module and a 530T module. The 529T can only power the windows in ONE direction (either up OR down), whereas the 530T can power the windows BOTH directions (up AND down). So, to answer your question, you probably need two seperate modules on two auxiliary channels in order to control four windows. (I'm telling you this on the top of my head because I used to have a '95 with a Viper alarm which had a 529T window module installed in it, but I'm pretty sure this is accurate.)
Old 08-04-2006, 07:38 PM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Yes its normal depending on the alarm. Being that you have an Automate you are limited to range and channels, thus needing to press two buttons. The "one touch" applies to the switches inside the car. In other words you should have one touch on all windows connected for both up and down via the switches on the door.

Having to hold down the button(s) is normal as its set to validity, that is done so you can stop rolling them down where you want.

They took WAY to long for a simple job.

There is no way to increase your range with That unit.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:39 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Thanks for the info. =)
Old 08-12-2006, 11:05 AM

I have an 04 Maxima and am looking online for the best alarm. Do aftermarket alarms work with the seat, steering wheel, and mirror memory so that my wife and I can still have our own settings when we unlock the car with our fob? If so, which alarm is the best in this regard?