Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

I know I know another H.U ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2001, 11:17 AM

I used the Search feature so no flames please...well hears the situation..Im slowly building the sound system and wanted to know is it a nice looking direct replacement of the big **** H.U in there or If I was to get a Eclispe etc etc what would compensate for the loss of space in the H.U area...o.k and I need your input on Infinity Kappa 62.1i 6.5 speakers for the rear deck and what would u recommend for the front door speakers....Im still on the market for a amp to push the two 12inch kickers 8ohm in the trunk....and I will also run the interior speakers off an amp also....And one more thing..how in the hell do u guys keep your box from sliding around the trunk

Thanx for your help in advance
Old 06-27-2001, 03:18 PM

Originally posted by RICOiz704
I used the Search feature so no flames please...well hears the situation..Im slowly building the sound system and wanted to know is it a nice looking direct replacement of the big **** H.U in there or If I was to get a Eclispe etc etc what would compensate for the loss of space in the H.U area...o.k and I need your input on Infinity Kappa 62.1i 6.5 speakers for the rear deck and what would u recommend for the front door speakers....Im still on the market for a amp to push the two 12inch kickers 8ohm in the trunk....and I will also run the interior speakers off an amp also....And one more thing..how in the hell do u guys keep your box from sliding around the trunk

i used a din sized CD holder underneeth my cd player to fill up the space, not much else available. the box was creative to hold down. i used a trunk cargo not attached to the trunk bar thingies and underneath my box to keep it down... good luck, any other good ideas guys??
Old 06-27-2001, 04:33 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

Amp for speakers front and back: JL Audio 300/4...(I have this one) 75WX4 RMS one of the cleanest amps on the market

Amp for subs: JL500/1 (I have the 250/1) 500 watts RMS the best thats out there.

300/4 $499.99 retail
500/1 $549.99 retail

Let me know if you are interested...Check out "Maxima.org members looking for car audio" I'm dealing with members on that thread...

Maximadave
Old 06-28-2001, 01:26 PM
OG and counting...

Originally posted by RICOiz704

Since you are going Eclipse, can I suggest a 5962 In-Dash CD Changer? Plus, whatever Eclipse you get (e.g. my 4441) can have 2 CD changers daisy chained to it.

As far as the speakers are concerned, the Infinitys are a good choice. Also you should check out a/d/s, Focal, Eclipse, Boston, and JL Audio Evolution.

The amps that Sweetsound has suggested are very good amps. I am going to be putting both of those in my Max in the coming months along with some JL Audio 12W3s, JL Audio VR690s, and Focal KX 136 5.25 Components.