Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Good or bad???

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 12:37 PM

Good or bad???

http://www.icixsound.com/vb/showthread.php?t=34950

I found this via ca.com and I haven't made a thread in awhile so why not talk about it? Opinions, good or bad marketing for DLS/ED?

My short answer for ED- "Any press is good press"
For DLS- make Don, Avi, ANYONE else but ED as your online source for their products. Unless there is a great marketing scheme to this (there must be), there is no sense in having a pathetic company like ED be ANYWHERE near your company.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:52 PM
Mmm, fresh lobster

Not knowing much or really anything about Elemental Designs, what makes ED a pathetic company. Is the ED guy a pud or do their products suck donkey ***** or something? Just curious.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:57 PM

eh IMO and the opinions of others...they suck at life. I mean nothing that doesnt happen all the time in business, but because some of us have witnessed their actions via online, it drives us to hate them. The owner is worthless and a compulsive manipulator, and somehow deceives people despite his lack of grammar. he literally. types sentences like. this.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:17 PM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

It's actually outstanding for marketing. eD sells ALOT, DLS doesn't really have that much of a force in the US. But that looks to be changing with this collaboration. Also eD will only be selling, they will have nothing to do with anything but sales.

I just hope that they don't try n copy DLS product that would suck. Anyways, It's good for DLS, but some people may not be happy with it... I really don't know what to think personally.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:24 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

all the DLS stuff in my car just decreased in value by 50% after this news.....
Old 03-01-2007, 01:26 PM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

75% buddy, the markup on car audio is huge, don't cut corners lol.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by nismos14
It's actually outstanding for marketing. eD sells ALOT, DLS doesn't really have that much of a force in the US. But that looks to be changing with this collaboration. Also eD will only be selling, they will have nothing to do with anything but sales.

I just hope that they don't try n copy DLS product that would suck. Anyways, It's good for DLS, but some people may not be happy with it... I really don't know what to think personally.
I see your point...but pick something that is more "mainstream", not ED, whose roots came from the internet and are not known in any CC or BB. Problem is...I can't think of another brand DLS could have teamed up with. I'm sure fiscally DLS loves ED because ED prolly sucked off the DLS president just to sell such a quality product.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:36 PM
tastey wheat

wow... random

I can see DLS and Dynaudio joining for some reason.. not eD.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:57 PM
Mmm, fresh lobster

Originally Posted by slickrick
eh IMO and the opinions of others...they suck at life. I mean nothing that doesnt happen all the time in business, but because some of us have witnessed their actions via online, it drives us to hate them. The owner is worthless and a compulsive manipulator, and somehow deceives people despite his lack of grammar. he literally. types sentences like. this.
Aye.
I've been around a few folks that just don't seem to get it and simply being around them can suck the soul out of you. It also sucks seeing them become successful knowing what kind of people they are and how much they don't deserve it. I do guess however that if eD can move the fine products of DLS, then it's a good move for the DLS guy. Who knows, perhaps the DLS guy can rub some of his business and life living etiquette off on this eD character and ship shape his dingle berry **** up and turn him into a respectable businessman and person. No matter to me though, cause I'm looking to Don when it comes time to buy my stuff.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by VTonmymind
Aye.
I've been around a few folks that just don't seem to get it and simply being around them can suck the soul out of you. It also sucks seeing them become successful knowing what kind of people they are and how much they don't deserve it. I do guess however that if eD can move the fine products of DLS, then it's a good move for the DLS guy. Who knows, perhaps the DLS guy can rub some of his business and life living etiquette off on this eD character and ship shape his dingle berry **** up and turn him into a respectable businessman and person. No matter to me though, cause I'm looking to Don when it comes time to buy my stuff.
+1

This article does not apply to Maxima.org Just buy cheaper from DON.
I got hooked up...see sig.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by burnurass
+1

This article does not apply to Maxima.org Just buy cheaper from DON.
I got hooked up...see sig.
so no ED stuff in your car soon? What about when they jack DLS designs and sell them cheaper and then dog the DLS equivalent in a year or so.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by slickrick
so no ED stuff in your car soon? What about when they jack DLS designs and sell them cheaper and then dog the DLS equivalent in a year or so.
I'll be proud to say MY STUFF IS DLS PRE Erectile dysfunction.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:31 PM
Suspension Yoda

In.

I'm surprised and disappointed DLS dropped their standards.

Old 03-01-2007, 07:14 PM
I tend to get a bit irritable

DLS didnt drop any standards. Unfortunately Pinny (which runs DLS America) was unfortunately in the dark about eDs doings in the past, present and most likely future. While financially this could potentially benefit DLS as a whole stateside, it may (and most likely will) bring down the reputation theyve strived to build over the years.

Of course another fear is...will Ben copy and rebadge? As past has shown..most likely yes. THEN this will have a completely negative side to DLS. Pinny/DLS America has never really invested a ton into marketing, then again why should he? The product proves itself and doesnt need to be whored out in every magazine/car show. Its done well, but with minimal exposure.

As a rep and a dealer this in no way can harm me, but rather benefit me as it will give the product more exposure for customers and leading to potentially more dealers in my area. BUT as more here no me, money is not my objectivity in this business. Product/Support/CS/etc is. With that being said I think its a horrible move and ultimately will lead to some sort of distruction.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:29 PM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

I kind of find it hard to believe that Pinny wouldn't know about the dealings of eD... I mean, did he not do any research into their previous business practices or any of its dark past? I sure as hell know I would if I was going to let a company represent a product that I worked so hard on.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Pearl96Max
DLS didnt drop any standards. Unfortunately Pinny (which runs DLS America) was unfortunately in the dark about eDs doings in the past, present and most likely future. While financially this could potentially benefit DLS as a whole stateside, it may (and most likely will) bring down the reputation theyve strived to build over the years.

Of course another fear is...will Ben copy and rebadge? As past has shown..most likely yes. THEN this will have a completely negative side to DLS. Pinny/DLS America has never really invested a ton into marketing, then again why should he? The product proves itself and doesnt need to be whored out in every magazine/car show. Its done well, but with minimal exposure.

As a rep and a dealer this in no way can harm me, but rather benefit me as it will give the product more exposure for customers and leading to potentially more dealers in my area. BUT as more here no me, money is not my objectivity in this business. Product/Support/CS/etc is. With that being said I think its a horrible move and ultimately will lead to some sort of distruction.

I agree...I think DLS means well but the execution (picking ED) was wrong. I guess it would be "better" if he didn't know ED's past, rather than know the past, and say " F it", $ is the bottom line. Either way, I hope it doesn't tarnish the image of DLS as being "high end exclusive audio".
Old 03-01-2007, 08:15 PM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Originally Posted by nismos14
I kind of find it hard to believe that Pinny wouldn't know about the dealings of eD... I mean, did he not do any research into their previous business practices or any of its dark past? I sure as hell know I would if I was going to let a company represent a product that I worked so hard on.

Look at it from his perspective....he doesnt troll the internet like alot of others do. He hasnt been exposed to any of it because of this. He travels throughout the entire country as well as outside of keeping things running smoothly as it should be.

Im actually quite glad he doesnt sit in front of a computer and reply back and forth to countless useless posts, but rather gets out there and does what needs to be done. Hes one of the most relaxed down to earth guys I know in the postion that hes in that Im quite happy to be both a rep and dealer for. Yes the products speak for themselves, but the conversations and 'sit-downs' with him leave nothing to be desired. Unfortunately I cannot say this about 90% of others in the same position.

BUT rest assured he is well informed now.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:05 AM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

Glad to hear that.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:05 PM

What happened to eD? I am planning to buy one of its 8" subs (9kv.2). What are the other better free air subs?

Thanks.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:26 PM

Try not to bump year old threads. And research online (carstereos.org) for the Ben Milne Love Parade (he is the owner of that god forsaken company), youll find your answers.

Start a new thread if you have a specific question and give some background info so we will be able to help you, i.e. amplification, what youve had in the past, what the rest of your system currently consists of, and what you are expecting out of IB if you have never had it before, so we can actually direct you.