Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Clarion head unit in BOSE equipped max

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2001, 10:41 PM
uvamax

Hey All- I just bought a 96 maxima SE that originally came with the bose stereo system. The owner before me had installed a Clarion adx5555z double din head unit in place of the bose head unit, but left the bose speakers and preamps. I am noticing a significant amount of hiss in the speakers when any input is applied, including CD, where there should be none. I am wondering if there is a compatibility problem in this setup, ie, does there need to be an adapter between the speakers and head unit?. Also, I am planning to upgrade the system to include an MP3 capable cd player, but none of those are available in a double-din size. Has anyone added two single-din units (cdplayer/equalizer for example) in place of the factory stereo? Was this a difficult installation? Thanks for any help!

Old 08-07-2001, 10:53 AM

Originally posted by uvamax
Hey All- I just bought a 96 maxima SE that originally came with the bose stereo system. The owner before me had installed a Clarion adx5555z double din head unit in place of the bose head unit, but left the bose speakers and preamps. I am noticing a significant amount of hiss in the speakers when any input is applied, including CD, where there should be none. I am wondering if there is a compatibility problem in this setup, ie, does there need to be an adapter between the speakers and head unit?. Also, I am planning to upgrade the system to include an MP3 capable cd player, but none of those are available in a double-din size. Has anyone added two single-din units (cdplayer/equalizer for example) in place of the factory stereo? Was this a difficult installation? Thanks for any help!
Well, I don't know much about the new Clarion head unit he put in, but...the 'bose' unit he took out was actually made by Clarion and Bose stuck their name on it...