Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

eD EHQS8 for IB setup?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 09:00 AM
You embarrass me.

eD EHQS8 for IB setup?

I'll probably get flamed because it is not something high end, but my friend came across elemental designs closeout sale of their EHQS8" subwoofer for $5 each + shipping. He bought 6 of them, and I'm going to grab one to replace the Bose Sub.

Anyways, I will wait till I get the Eclipse DDin I want but does anyone have any experience with this subwoofer? Could anyone make a recommendation on an amplifier?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:03 AM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

Throw it in on the stock bose, you may not need an amp, I don't think its suited for IB applications, but I haven't done alot of research on it. IIRC it's got low power handling, so the bose amp may have sufficient juice to get it moving.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:30 AM

you can blow on the cone and make the suspension bottom out.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:51 AM
You embarrass me.

Originally Posted by slickrick
you can blow on the cone and make the suspension bottom out.
Forgive me by being a n00b in this instance, but what you mean by that? Is it a "sloppy" sub?
Old 11-25-2007, 06:24 PM
ahhh! cliMAX!

he's just being an idiot... I'm pretty sure for 5 bucks that deal can't be beat.

Let us know how it sounds!
Old 11-25-2007, 07:19 PM

An idiot huh? You expect any kind of sufficient sound for $5...this isnt the 70's. for $5 its great...as a paperweight. My 6.5" mids have more xmax than that speaker...and those are used for 80hz and up (subs are used roughly for 80hz and down). Get something decent and enjoy a nice IB setup...but I'm an idiot.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:32 PM

never knew slick was a idiot...

just throw that sub back there and see how it sounds. don't think anyone have much opinions on it yet. who knows, it might sound good.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:53 PM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

Originally Posted by AscendantMax
never knew slick was a idiot...

just throw that sub back there and see how it sounds. don't think anyone have much opinions on it yet. who knows, it might sound good.
Don't you go to school for pharmacy? "a idiot" ?

Anyways, those eqhs's have proven to have very little power handling and I'm sure they won't do to well with most applications... isn't it odd that they removed all info about them from their website as soon as they were sold out? They also sold them for so cheap VERY quickly I don't even think they were available longer than 1 year.

Anyways, just my .02.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by nismos14
i chinese. i no speaky english good.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:02 PM

Anyways, those eqhs's have proven to have very little power handling and I'm sure they won't do to well with most applications... isn't it odd that they removed all info about them from their website as soon as they were sold out? They also sold them for so cheap VERY quickly I don't even think they were available longer than 1 year.

Anyways, just my .02.
let's hope he can read a doctor's handwriting for prescriptions.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:44 PM
You embarrass me.

Haha, ok guys, no need for angry arguments. Thanks guys for all the opinions and comments. I'm not expecting pro sound out of a $5 subwoofer, but like I said, it is just a Bose replacement for cheap money. I will go with a good setup eventually, but I have other aspects of the car to take care of first. Plan someday: Eclipse DDin, Rainbow Components, undecided on future 10" Sub/Amp.

P.S. Anyone know the wattage on the Bose Amp for the 5.5? I will be searching at the same time.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:27 PM
ahhh! cliMAX!

Anyways, just my .02.
they didnt remove the info from the site when they were sold out... they put it in the discontinued items section:

http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/pro...roducts_id=448

Anyway.. slickrick from all the other threads I just take it that you hate on anything Elemental Designs related.

I love how you talk sh.t about the sub/mid without even listening to it.
Even if it isn't as great as your 6.5" mids (which i doubt).. they definitely didnt cost you 5 dollars a piece new.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:43 PM

I do hate and rightfully so...I'm entitled to my opinion whether you like it or not. for $5 you cant get a good hamburger in this country..how can you get a decent subwoofer for $5 thats worth installing? Logic makes sense here...I don't have to physically hear it to form my opinion on a $5 sub sold by the sleeziest internet subwoofer company on the net.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by slickrick
I do hate and rightfully so...I'm entitled to my opinion whether you like it or not. for $5 you cant get a good hamburger in this country..how can you get a decent subwoofer for $5 thats worth installing? Logic makes sense here...I don't have to physically hear it to form my opinion on a $5 sub sold by the sleeziest internet subwoofer company on the net.
Id say sleeziest company ever, whether on the net or not.

A guy who can't put together a logical sentence to save his life, sold peel-n-seal rebadged as edead, and copied the W7 to sell it as his own, doesnt deserve my 5 dollars, or a single penny, car audio related or not. coughbenmilnecough.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:59 PM
ahhh! cliMAX!

he didnt copy the W7... the basket is similar big fing deal?

And they had a clearance sale.. IE get rid of all of them at a low price

Why don't you guys use some of their items or experience some of their customer support that you wouldnt find anywhere else.

As far as Ben's grammar - yes thats sooo important.. personally Id rather have someone dedicated to the company than reading over his grammar to make it perfect

EDIT: look for yourselves:
http://www.safeandsoundalarms.co.uk/images/W7_main.jpg
http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/gallery/534_large.jpg

Last edited by godlyone; 11-28-2007 at 12:04 AM.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:25 AM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

Originally Posted by godlyone
he didnt copy the W7... the basket is similar big fing deal?

And they had a clearance sale.. IE get rid of all of them at a low price

Why don't you guys use some of their items or experience some of their customer support that you wouldnt find anywhere else.

As far as Ben's grammar - yes thats sooo important.. personally Id rather have someone dedicated to the company than reading over his grammar to make it perfect

EDIT: look for yourselves:
http://www.safeandsoundalarms.co.uk/images/W7_main.jpg
http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/gallery/534_large.jpg
I did experience some of their items, and I did experience their bullshit crappy customer service. NEVER again.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by godlyone
A mistake or two is fine. My four year old cousin's writing puts him to shame, and his posts make him seem mentally challenged.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:51 AM

I wish SIN/cs.org was still up and people could search "kaosmoon" and see all the BS he made up. I had a purchase from ED before this forum knew of ED (except maybe don and a few others) back in 2002, and even then they pulled some BS. "O we are out of stock of the K series subs, but lets upgrade you to an A series for $195 because we cant recone the K". This is AFTER speaking with Ben himself, when he verified a jbl 600.1 could be put on the EDk 12...it blew within 2 weeks and my friend was real ticked about buying an "internet" sub in the 1st place. Or how about puttin a "preorder" for 2 12 kv2's and waiting 6 months before finally cancelling the pre-order to buy shivas; to then see the kv2's came out 8 months AFTER I cancelled it. What a joke...everyone knew they took people's $$$ to buy the kv2's because they had no capital to buy the baskets, cones, etc. by themselves. ED still owes me $.01 from the refund they gave me.