Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

alumapro alchemy 12" sub for sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2001, 03:48 AM

alumapro alchemy 12" sub for sale

i have a few month old alchemy 12" dual voice coil for sale in a custom built sealed enclosure for sale.. it's in perfect condition.. reason for sale is because as a car audio freak i like to upgrade.. not sure exactly which sub i want to run, but the focal utopia sub seem slike an awsome candidate.. i am currently running focal utopia 3ways and just feel like matching up the systemm

asking price is $350 for sub with the enclosure +shipping (if applicable)

the subs are mounted using bolts for better seal, Phoenix gold power cables are used.. the box of course is built with 3/4" mdf and heavy duty custom brackets have been made (by me) for them.. easy to install..

i'm not in a real hurry to sell it.. i just want to upgrade to either two twelves.. or two 13's or possibly try to kill myself by getting the alumapro m16

please PM if you're a serious buyer.. no bargaining will be tolerated.
Old 11-04-2001, 04:18 PM
jmax

Let's see. I can buy the sub for $200 - $220 new. And build a box for less than $50 using MDF and kevlar or carbon fiber, including all wiring and accessories. So I guess the answer is No!

Old 11-04-2001, 11:41 PM

Originally posted by jmax
Let's see. I can buy the sub for $200 - $220 new. And build a box for less than $50 using MDF and kevlar or carbon fiber, including all wiring and accessories. So I guess the answer is No!
Oooo would you like the profound reply to that post or the smart /\SS reply???
Old 11-05-2001, 05:20 AM
Disco Biscuit

Oo! Oo! Give him the smart ^ss reply!!!!
Old 11-05-2001, 05:43 AM

Originally posted by Whitemax
Oo! Oo! Give him the smart ^ss reply!!!!
u just want to see me get busted huh??
Old 11-05-2001, 08:21 AM
jmax

Sorry, I just hate to see people get ripped off.

Old 11-05-2001, 11:19 PM

Sorry, I just hate to see people get ripped off.
Glad to hear you are on a constant look out for others, but i wasn't trying to rip anyone off. but just incase you didnt' know, the car audio industry amoungst many other auto aftermarkets, is a very high profitting market. I used to say it was "a huge scam", "insane rip off", but then now i got more knowledgable.. people have mouths to feed, bills to pay.. so if they see a market where people will pay a high premium for something that isn't worth that much, then they'll sell it that way.. it's buisness, not neccarily a scam.. now a scam is when u sell something and say it's "the ultimate end to all competitions in subwoofer" but then it turns out to be some crapped out 15watt subwoofer.. I come here tryign to sell something that i've onced used, and payed a premium for.. if you don't like the price i throw out, you definately have the choice to not buy it.. But great apreciation would be payed if you were to quietly think to yourself, or perhaps shed some knowledge amoungst your friends privately about how great of a hook up you can get on Alumapro alchemy twelve inch dual voice coil sub woofers.. I can come on here bad mouthing you back by saying a whole lot of unconstructive words, but i choose not to.. i no doubt enjoy reading and actively participating* on this forum. It is just more times than others i feel discouraged to hang around here for the lack of consideration some members have for others prior to posting a reply. If anyone is at all offended by the post, then No i will not apologize, but instead i would just make a mental note to myself who in this material world is the NOBLE man/woman and who IS less of a punk.

*by actively participating i definately do not mean spamming.. because i definately don't spam.
Old 11-06-2001, 08:37 AM
jmax

Sorry. I am sorry to hear you are offended by the fact that I am more concerned with the average reader getting the facts, than I am for you getting a profit. A profit which exceeds new cost, for used goods. I responded because you asked for "serious buyers" to respond. I believe the $10-15k I have spent in the past couple years on car audio alone for the two vehicles in my household qualifies.

Old 11-06-2001, 10:03 AM
Disco Biscuit

I'm going to stay neutral as I can, cause I like both of you guys, but i'll say this. Not everyone has the time, skills, or tools to build a box the correct way. So while yes the supplys can cost $50 (Although with Carbon Fiber? I use that stuff in the High Power Rocketry field, and thats not cheap OR easy to work with), it doesnt mean that a constructed box is only worth $50. There is the labor and wear and tear on tools. As far as the cost goes, Mingo can charge whatever he wishes.
I'm glad to see that members are trying to watch out for each other on here to make sure no scams take place. But I'm never known Mingo to try to rip anyone off, no do I think he would. Jmax, while I agree with your logic, you did come across a bit harsh and acusitory, no matter how much you've spent over the last couple years in audio.
Old 11-06-2001, 01:41 PM

I'm going to stay neutral as I can, cause I like both of you guys, but i'll say this. Not everyone has the time, skills, or tools to build a box the correct way. So while yes the supplys can cost $50 (Although with Carbon Fiber? I use that stuff in the High Power Rocketry field, and thats not cheap OR easy to work with), it doesnt mean that a constructed box is only worth $50. There is the labor and wear and tear on tools. As far as the cost goes, Mingo can charge whatever he wishes.
I'm glad to see that members are trying to watch out for each other on here to make sure no scams take place. But I'm never known Mingo to try to rip anyone off, no do I think he would. Jmax, while I agree with your logic, you did come across a bit harsh and acusitory, no matter how much you've spent over the last couple years in audio.
i love you man...
Old 11-06-2001, 08:09 PM
jmax

I was actually testing Mingo, to see how long it would take him to notice I said "I" could do it for those costs. You are exactly right Jonathan, most of the readers couldn't build it at all with any materials, much less the carbon fiber. But it is almost no more difficult to work with than glass. And I think the kevlar is easier, definitely less itchy. But I have a high tolerance to the glass itch. The carbon can cause some nasty splinters. But the cost, while several times that of glass, is within reach of most. And if you just wrap a box, final layer in Carbon you get most of the benefits at the cost of just one layer. Probably less than $30 carbon for a box the size needed for a single Alchemy. But that is not retail cost. You have to shop around. If you look at my post, you will see the smile indicates a tinge of sarcasm. You also have to remember that I enjoy building things nearly as much as I enjoy listening to them. So I almost never consider construction time to be a labor. I actually tried to email Mingo earlier today to explain where I was coming from, but my cheap B. gates version '98 crashed on me. And I have a lot of trouble getting onto this server anymore.

Old 11-06-2001, 08:44 PM

i definately did notice the "i" (reffering to you) being able to get things at those prices, that's why i posted what i did... being up here in northern california doesn't help better my situation either. living cost is higher, wages are also higher, thus everything else kidna goes up too.. that's why many tend to go down south to get stuff.. prices are much more competitive there, but i still don't feel i'm ripping anyone off.. it's just like how installers would charge $1000 easily for a custom trunk set up... of course my box does not work wonders on the eye nor do anything other than sound awesome, but it does what i intended it to do.. i made it as shallow as possible so it could be pushed further back up against the seat allowing more trunk space... as a consumer i can understand clearly where your comments are comming from, i often have those thoughts placed quietly in a spot of my mind, but in rare cases those thoughts become verbal.. there are a great deal of people on this board that have bought products and slold it for more than double. I know the costs on many aftermarket products out there, especially ones that come out of taiwan, but to be fair, i keep my thoughts to myself.
Old 11-06-2001, 09:04 PM
jmax

Sorry. My thoughts escaped that time because I have priced that sub. I would like to put one in my wifes VW for when I have to drive it. But I am not going to buy one until I can get a new one cheaper than $200, or used for a used price. I definitely know what you mean about custom equipment being worth more to the installer/builder. I wouldn't sell my sub box for less than $2000, and maybe only then without the subs. DA MacDaddy twelves in a custom, homebuilt carbon/kevlar,carbon,kevlar,nomex,kevlar,carbon,kevlar & carbon box. Framed out of plywood.

Old 11-07-2001, 05:20 AM
Disco Biscuit

Well, then woops. Guess I should have just kept my mouth shut!
Old 11-07-2001, 05:27 AM

Well, then woops. Guess I should have just kept my mouth shut!
heheh... eh whitemax, dont' u think it's time you upgrade your JL to an alumapro alchemy 12" dual voice coil??? you do have the components, might as well get cleaner bass..j/k... man i'ts early and i'm bored to death.. oh yeah.. i'm not gonna get rammat.. the guy is incredibally hard to get a hold of, so what type of product is equivelant to that and cheap which i would be able to purchase at home depot??? can i get the lowes peel and seal there??? and that way i save on shipping and can get a roll or two at a time just incase i get lazy and decide to about the mission...
Old 11-07-2001, 05:52 AM
Disco Biscuit

I've not seen Peel and Seal at HD, just at Lowes.
Should be $15 for 12.5 sq. ft.
Old 11-07-2001, 05:54 AM

I've not seen Peel and Seal at HD, just at Lowes.
Should be $15 for 12.5 sq. ft.
hrm.. i'm not sure if we have a lowes here in northern california.. do you think they'll have brown bread??i heard the stuff is pretty good too.. how thick of a mastic should i look into getting? (even tho i'll be doing multi layers)
Old 11-07-2001, 06:01 AM
Disco Biscuit

No they wont have brown bread. Only reason Lowes carries P&S is becuase its a roofing product
Old 11-07-2001, 06:08 AM

No they wont have brown bread. Only reason Lowes carries P&S is becuase its a roofing product
i thought brown bread was also a roofing material... hrm... so should i just get ne type of roofing material and do the floors first?? and wait and in hopes of the guy to reply to my email>?? he replied twice but never sent me a bill..
Old 11-07-2001, 06:10 AM
Disco Biscuit

Just be patient. He'll get back to you. Rick is a REALLY busy guy with the amount of stuff he sells. Have you sent payment yet?
Old 11-07-2001, 06:12 AM

Just be patient. He'll get back to you. Rick is a REALLY busy guy with the amount of stuff he sells. Have you sent payment yet?
i haven't sent a payment because i haven't been billed.. hahah mayb eit's cuz i keep on asking if he can sell it to me for 55 a roll.. his pricing has gone up t close to 70 a roll.. yeah he emailed me about how he was busy prepping his car up for iasca and didn't do good because he blew his amp during some demo thing.
Old 11-07-2001, 08:53 AM
jmax

I've seen the same stuff, different brand at Home Depot. But it costs about the same for a shorter roll. At that rate you may as well pay the shipping charges and get a full 50 sq ft. I think it was about $11 for a 6 inch wide, 18 ft long roll. Lowes is about $12.47 for a 6 inch wide, 25ft long roll. Make friends with an employee for another 10% off of that.

Old 11-07-2001, 09:52 AM
Disco Biscuit

Or a part time job, if you like buying stuff from there
Old 11-07-2001, 04:13 PM

thanx guys.. but the guy still hasn't emailed me.. doesn't he realize that i'm the most important person on earth, that everyone is born here to serve me??? <sarcasm> man... poor me... things aren't going to well..
Old 11-11-2001, 11:21 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by mingo
thanx guys.. but the guy still hasn't emailed me.. doesn't he realize that i'm the most important person on earth, that everyone is born here to serve me??? <sarcasm> man... poor me... things aren't going to well..
What are you talking about?
Raam@raamaudio.com
Rick replied to my email the same day and my two rolls are going out on monday. I suggest you email him again. BTW, those rolls are not going in my car, there is simply no surface that has not been covered yet
Old 11-11-2001, 02:41 PM

Originally posted by SWEETSOUND2001

What are you talking about?
Raam@raamaudio.com
Rick replied to my email the same day and my two rolls are going out on monday. I suggest you email him again. BTW, those rolls are not going in my car, there is simply no surface that has not been covered yet
hrmm well he replied 2/5 emials... maybe he got mad because i want 55 a roll (or less) instead of the new price 70 a roll.. becuase ifiti's 70 a roll i might as well go to lowes.. which is only 20 min from my house.
Old 11-11-2001, 02:49 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I paid $55 per roll
Old 11-12-2001, 03:19 AM

Originally posted by SWEETSOUND2001
I paid $55 per roll
i can't even get a roll.. i'm going to lowes...