Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

bose......smack....crackle...POP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2001, 08:03 PM

bose......smack....crackle...POP!

alright here is the deal.....

my bose system one day just started making a velcro sounding noise, a continous noise for about 5 seconds, then it wont even make a sound even if the radio/cd/tape is playing. The headunit funtions normally, but the speakers do not even play a remote "pssss" sound like it would if i had the volume up before a song was playing. I had the speakers in the back (trunk) unhooked at the time.

Any idea what this could be? Any idea how to go about fixing it?
Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx alot
Old 11-06-2001, 09:43 AM

Re: bose......smack....crackle...POP!

The bose system like all amplified systems has a lead that turns the amps on. Since you are getting no sound from any speakers I would check there. Also you mentioned that the rears were disconected at the time, make sure you did not short out something in your system through you rear speaker leads. depending on the vehichle you could just be in need of a new head unit.
Old 11-06-2001, 09:07 PM

Re: Re: bose......smack....crackle...POP!

Originally posted by dat_nomad
The bose system like all amplified systems has a lead that turns the amps on. Since you are getting no sound from any speakers I would check there. Also you mentioned that the rears were disconected at the time, make sure you did not short out something in your system through you rear speaker leads. depending on the vehichle you could just be in need of a new head unit.
thanx dude....how do u go about checking the leads, like how can i access them....would i have to get new leads or what? What do they look like? it would be great if you could tell me how to...im kinda new...
thanx alot
Old 11-08-2001, 05:27 PM

help!