Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Ground Chassis NEED HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 12:21 PM

Ground Chassis NEED HELP!!!

95' Maxima:

i changed the factory Bose player to a new sony stereo.. already connected the wire harness and antenna adapter as well.. i dont what the other black wire is for.. but connected it nonetheless.. but i have one black wire left to connect, which would be the ground.. but i have no idea where or what a ground chassis is on the stereo.. the stereo turns on and everything and the antenna comes out when its on the tuner mode.. but no sound whatsoever..

need help!! i dont have knowledge on the eletrical side of the vehicle

Last edited by JY05; 10-01-2008 at 12:39 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:39 PM
blah

A large piece of metal will usually suffice as a chassis ground. My HU is grounded to one of the bolts connected to the piece of metal that supports the dash whatever that is called. You should sand down the surface and throw a spade connector at the end.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:43 PM

thanks man seriously.. but what if the wire is short.. cause the guy who gave me the stereo cut the all the wires pretty short.. i was able to splice together the other wires because of the harness.. but the grounding wire is a bit short from the dash bolt.. is there some sort of a extension or something? i was think about a ring terminal but i doubt that will still be enough to reach the metal since i cant even reach the brackets either.. any suggestions?