Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Injured, hunch back of Maxima,,,wiring ques plz HELP!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2001, 06:35 AM
Mauja He Mauja

Injured, hunch back of Maxima,,,wiring ques plz HELP!!!!!!!

This weekend i started installing my aftermarket system, in my 2k SE. In the first 10 minutes i ended up pulling a muscle in my back, leaving me all hunched and crap. Anyway what i could have done in 8 hours, i am still working on.

I took out the bose HU, all four speakers. I re-wired the speakers in the passenger doors, but when i got to the front door, i couldn't pass the wire from the kick panel to the inside of the door.

Frustrated, i thought heck with it i will just tap into the factory wiring that comes into the bose amp in the trunk. So i successfully installed the amp, changed all four speakers. Tested it, it works great. Now the only problem is that the front door speakers don't work. I cannot for the life of it, find which wires to tap into for the front speakers. I have pretty much read all the threads. There is information on wire colors and so forth, but all suggest different wire. Some say they are pink and blue, some say white amd brown!!

Does anyone know which factory wires, the ones that are running into the fact amp in the trunk, i need to tap into???? Please help i am about to pull out my hair Since i have already pulled my back

Also if i do tap into the factory front speaker wiring, what will happen to the bose tweets??? Will they work fine,,,or will they burn or mess up the rest of the after market system??/

Help
Old 11-12-2001, 08:31 PM

front speaker wiriing

its pretty easy just open the door panel and pull out the speaker and look at the colo code of the speaker wire and then look at the bose amp in the back of the car and look for those wires.... u have to disconnect the plug on the amp....
Old 11-13-2001, 05:43 AM
Mauja He Mauja

Re: front speaker wiriing

Originally posted by ray89se
its pretty easy just open the door panel and pull out the speaker and look at the colo code of the speaker wire and then look at the bose amp in the back of the car and look for those wires.... u have to disconnect the plug on the amp....
I already tried that. The wires in the door do not match any of the wires that are running into the amp.
Old 11-13-2001, 12:06 PM
Mauja He Mauja

Re: Re: front speaker wiriing

Originally posted by dba1999us

I already tried that. The wires in the door do not match any of the wires that are running into the amp.
Has anyone here ran speaker wires from the kick panel to inside of the door to hook-up speakers?????????
Old 11-13-2001, 12:06 PM
Mauja He Mauja

Re: Re: front speaker wiriing

Has anyone here ran speaker wires from the kick panel, of 2kse, to inside of the door to hook-up speakers?????????
Old 11-15-2001, 12:23 AM

Re: Re: Re: front speaker wiriing

Has anyone here ran speaker wires from the kick panel, of 2kse, to inside of the door to hook-up speakers?????????
you can drill a hole into the side of the door, and run a loom from the door to the cabin. i did this on my 3gen.