Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

4th Gen audio component suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 01:22 PM

4th Gen audio component suggestions

My car is a non-bose model and all of the speakers are pretty much blown. In the process of finding a nice stereo w/ ipod hookup and I already have a 4 channel Alpine amp as well as 10" Jensen sub ready to be hooked up, but I have no idea what kind of component speakers would be best.

Ive been looking at Alpine Type R components as well as rockfords, JL audio etc. Are these speakers overkill? Should I get the same (same as in 2 channel all around instead of 2 channel in the front and 3 channel in rear) 6.5 speakers for the front and rear? Im not very experienced in car audio/electronics.

Not really trying to spend a lot on components if they arent going to give the best sound throughout the entire car... Suggestions???
Old 08-31-2011, 05:02 PM

If you are looking for something good and cheap look at two choices that I think rock for the money.

First depending where you live find a Hertz Dealer. Brand is newer in the US but they have the Dieci series. The model DSK 165 look cheap but sound really good. I used to sell Hertz, I made people listen to them then make them guess how much they cost. Always overshot. Depending if you can get them they should be $150 for a set. Really good mid and clean highs.

Second look at the JL Audio TR650-CSi, entry level component but def sound awesome. These should run you $150 as well.

As for the back just get coaxial speakers ( Speakers that have the tweeter mounted in front of midrange speaker ), they can go for $100 a pair respectively.

Now if you only want something to jam to and your really not looking for super loud output just get two sets of coaxial speakers.

Set your crossover around 70hz for your front speakers and subwoofer LPF around 80 hz as well since your using good component speakers they can take more bass than any factory speaker.

If you only have one 4 ch amp. Run the fronts and rears in parallel. Basically the two left speakers together and the two right speakers together only using 2 channels. The other two channels bridge the signal for your subwoofer. You should have enough power to run a clean simple system.

If you have any questions just PM me or post it here. Always here to help.