Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

please please please please HELP ME!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 08:31 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

HELLO EVERYONE , MY NAME IS JOHN AND I AM NEWQ TO THE FORUM I JUST BOUGHT A 04 MAXIMA LAST WEEK. i AM LOOKING TO MOD AS MUCH AS POSSABLE.............SOUND AND LED'S ARE FIRST AND DANG I NEED HRLP ALREADY. THE STEREO I HAVE IS A AFTERMARKET , I HAVE A BOX WITH 12'S , AMP , CAPACITOR, JBL'S ( 6X9 AND 6.5) ALL TO INSTALL. MY WQUESTION IS WQOULD IT JUST BE EASYER JUST TO RUN ALL MY OWN WIRING AND STUFF. i HAVE TO STOCK CRAP IN THERE NOW ( NO BOSE)...crazy i changed the 6x9's and all i get out of them is straight bass!!!! why?
Old 04-28-2012, 08:34 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

i see a little box in between the 6x9 i this a manufactures amp? this car has 2 twqeeters set of speakers in all the doors and the 6x9 in the trunck .am i missing anything. My girl needs alot of love because previous owner abused her badly!!!! help me help her!!
Old 04-29-2012, 05:38 AM

The 6x9s are subs in these cars and yep that's most likely the amp. You need to replace the speakers in the doors to alter the rest of the sound. If you have an aftermarket amp i suggest running all new wiring
Old 05-01-2012, 07:26 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Wow...thank you so much for ur reply. am gonna put aftermarket radio and amp and run all my own wires...
Old 05-01-2012, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by guelfo1010
i see a little box in between the 6x9 i this a manufactures amp? this car has 2 twqeeters set of speakers in all the doors and the 6x9 in the trunck .am i missing anything. My girl needs alot of love because previous owner abused her badly!!!! help me help her!!
The little box is a bass filter for the 6x9s, not an amplifier. That's why you only hear bass from them.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by smplyamzng
The little box is a bass filter for the 6x9s, not an amplifier. That's why you only hear bass from them.
R u sure
..o I know in my 95 it was that amp to all speakers...
Old 05-01-2012, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by dee.signs
R u sure
..o I know in my 95 it was that amp to all speakers...
Yes its called a sub-processor. Its powered to filter the bass but not to amplify the speakers

I used to contemplate getting a high output stereo when i first got the car. After hearing how loud, clear and efficient these systems operate i just said f*@^ it (even without bose). Plus the dash console on the 04 to 06 are not visually aftermarket friendly imo.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:42 AM

hi
Old 05-03-2012, 01:24 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

so what you did ?? just changed all the speakers and left factory stereo in? iam assuming i can bypass this little box yall r talking about just by cutting the wire before and after it and splice together ( jump the box)
Old 05-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

please please please please HELP ME!!!

I have a 04 maxima non bose stock radio...can SOMEBODY give me the right wire codes for the audio system.... I have been looking all over the enternet and nothing matches up to what i have. example; my speaker wires to my speaker are solid red and solid blue to the passengers door speakers .( dont know whats positive or negative ) all the diagrams i look at dont have these colors and its the same with other speakers . I am affraid to start installing my aftermarket stereo and speakers and amps if i can not find a matching chart. PLEASE PLEASE I am begging for some help!
Old 05-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

would anyone have the wire codes for the 6th generations...lolol i need them bad! i dont know what positive or negative with these wires.....help!!!
Old 05-04-2012, 09:26 PM

Typically you dont need to figure out the stock wiring. If you are amping the door speakers I suggest running new cable and leaving the stock alone. If you arent amping them you may be able to find harnesses for the speakers too. for wiring the headunit you need to get a metra wiring harness so you dont have to mess with the stock wiring in the dash. avoid cutting harnesses if at all possible. makes going back to stock or swapping in new gear later much easier.

what are your speaker wire colors in each door? usually the dark color is negative. brown, black, blue.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:36 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

not amping the door speakers just changing them .putting a d/din radio in with subs and amp. speaker wires colors are driver front pink and blue w/yellow strip driver back solid red and solid blue , pass front orange and blk w/ yellow stripe and finally blue with white and blue with yellow......crazy stuff hear i have never seen this before. i just only want to have to do this ONE time......i have the metra harness but do i need a antenia adapter as well >????
Old 05-12-2012, 08:20 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

OK I CHANGED THE RADIO OUT, CHANGED ALL 4 DOOR SPEAKERS, CHANGED THE 6X9S RAN A AMP WITH SUBS...GUESS WHAT? THE 6X9'S ARE STILL PUMPPING BASS ONLY!! AND THE BACK DOOR SPEAKER ARE MUCH LOWER THAN THE FRONT AND THERE THE SAME SPEAKERS!! THAT FILTER...I NEED TOO BYPASS THIS BOX AND I DONT KNOW HOW ANY IDEAS. PLEASE I DONT WANT TO TAKE THAT DORN DASH APPART AGAIN , PLEASE GIVE ME IDEAS
Old 05-21-2012, 11:51 AM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

Lol.