Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

recording DVDs

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 09:56 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

recording DVDs

Hello All,

I have a 2010 maxima with the GPS navigation, dvd player etc... I have been recording audio CDs to my hard drive using the record function. I have a large audio album that will not fit on 1 CD. I am wondering if there is a way to make a DVD that will emulate an audio CD as it does not seem to have the capability to record audio from a DVD. Anyone know of any ways around this?
Old 01-08-2013, 05:32 PM

Have you tried burning an audio DVD? I believe Nero allows that. Not sure what filesystem format the hard drives use, but you might also be able to mount it in Windows PC and copy everything manually if it won't read audio DVDs.

Finally you could just use CD-RW burn, copy, burn, copy, burn, copy....
Old 01-09-2013, 04:09 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Hectic
Have you tried burning an audio DVD? I believe Nero allows that. Not sure what filesystem format the hard drives use, but you might also be able to mount it in Windows PC and copy everything manually if it won't read audio DVDs.

Finally you could just use CD-RW burn, copy, burn, copy, burn, copy....
Don't have Nero so I haven't tried it. I'm sure I could mount the hard drive in another pc and manually copy the files over but i don't know how to get to the hard drive. Not being familiar with the whole setup I dont think its a good idea to start taking the electronic console apart.

The CDRW method is what I have been doing... thanks