Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

WTD speakers

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2002, 10:49 AM

WTD speakers

For my 5th gen., that is 6 1/2 or 5 3/4 in size if I'm correct.
Old 01-20-2002, 10:59 AM
Very sound, Mike

Re: WTD speakers

That would be 6 1/2's. I have Infinity Reference components (605CS) up front and 652i's in the back (2way). The sound is definitely much better than stock and better than any other set i've used before (Polk EX series, Cerwin Vega's - this was good esp in the mid-bass department).

I have a second set of the above that's got a tear in one of the woofers (one small tear in the 605 woofer and another small tear in the 652i's that was repaired) I haven't tested it after the repair though but if you want it i'm willing to let go of these for cheap.

Originally posted by Y2KMaxGXE-R
For my 5th gen., that is 6 1/2 or 5 3/4 in size if I'm correct.
Old 01-20-2002, 11:22 AM

Re: Re: WTD speakers

Originally posted by soundmike
That would be 6 1/2's. I have Infinity Reference components (605CS) up front and 652i's in the back (2way). The sound is definitely much better than stock and better than any other set i've used before (Polk EX series, Cerwin Vega's - this was good esp in the mid-bass department).

I have a second set of the above that's got a tear in one of the woofers (one small tear in the 605 woofer and another small tear in the 652i's that was repaired) I haven't tested it after the repair though but if you want it i'm willing to let go of these for cheap.
I may be interested only in smthg that has no damage. I assume all items are used. Why are you selling, and how much?
Old 01-20-2002, 11:43 AM
Very sound, Mike

Re: Re: Re: WTD speakers

The tweeters and the crossovers still work on the component set AFAIK. As for the rear set it works fine.

I'm selling because i already have a replacement set sent to me by Infinity. This is basically just gathering dust right now.

I'll make it easy for you. Name a price and it's yours + S/h

I may be interested only in smthg that has no damage. I assume all items are used. Why are you selling, and how much?
Old 01-20-2002, 11:54 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: WTD speakers

The tweeters and the crossovers still work on the component set AFAIK. As for the rear set it works fine.
I'm selling because i already have a replacement set sent to me by Infinity. This is basically just gathering dust right now.

I'll make it easy for you. Name a price and it's yours + S/h

what is AFAIK? Why did you need a replacement set? Do you have pics? And you said your rear set was damaged but repaired-I wouldnt want that. Sorry, a little confused with all the sets you have. I need to know how long have they been used to see what they're worth. My zipcode is 21117. Please send me an email funlover2225@yahoo.com
Old 01-20-2002, 12:02 PM
Very sound, Mike

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WTD speakers

AFAIK - As Far As I Know. Sorry for the abbreviates

I got these sets before in my car but for some reason the rubber surround tore (about 1/4 of an inch) on one woofer for the component and one woofer for the rear. I managed to fix the rear by using some glue but the front was too badly damaged for glue to help it out.

The tweeters and crossovers are still in good working condition however.

As it was still under warranty i managed to get a new set from Infinity. And that's what i have in the car now.

The one's i'm giving away are the damaged set. Given it is damaged i'm not looking for much but the components itself (tweet and xover) are still useful to someone who just wants that.

what is AFAIK? Why did you need a replacement set? Do you have pics? And you said your rear set was damaged but repaired-I wouldnt want that. Sorry, a little confused with all the sets you have. I need to know how long have they been used to see what they're worth. My zipcode is 21117. Please send me an email funlover2225@yahoo.com
Old 01-20-2002, 01:16 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WTD speakers

AFAIK - As Far As I Know. Sorry for the abbreviates
Mike- sorry I just woke up, had a hard time reading LOL. Now I see whats up. I am sorry, I rather spend a few dollars more but get maybe a new pair.