Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Need to change my set up

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 11:50 AM

Need to change my set up

Just bought an 02 with an aftermarket Boss touch screen head unit (barely works, screen goes out a lot, probably not hooked up correctly) and 4 Bose speakers (one in each door) and unknown tweeters.

I dont listen to the radio much but I want something that works and sounds decent. I have a 00 Regal GS with "premium sound" and would like something at least that good.

I was looking at some of the Android head unit options on ebay and wondered how it would pair with the existing speakers in my car...

I ask for two reasons....
1. Electronics is one of my weaknesses, know how one thing pairs up with an other and what may need to be in between is just something that never clicked for me, Im way more mechanical

2. I have to save for this project. I dont want think I have everything I need and find out I need an other $50 part or something. It will just **** me off

Im not looking to get crazy as again I dont listen to the radio much, but the current set up is crap. I would think it the cheap head units fault as everytime I turn the car off all of the audio settings I choose revert to factory. Also the touch screen is always going out.

Thanks