Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

1992 Lock issue/Lock Timer?

Old 06-12-2017, 09:59 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

1992 Lock issue/Lock Timer?

My boy just bought a 92 Maxima wih 50k miles all original. GXE auto. He has some weird gremlins with the alarm. Sometimes it will be going off and he cannot get it to go off and start the car. We thought it was because he didn't have the original remotes. We bought this: 2101L Avital 1-Way Vehicle Keyless Entry System but still its not working. Only the trunk works. The installer said you need a lock timer. So I bought 7 of these 1990-1996 Nissan 300zx door lock timer module 28451 F9901. The installer tried all 7 and none of them helped. Has anyone had this problem. I don't even know what to call it other than lock issue. The main lock switch also doesn't work manually. We doing care about the inside locks. Just to get a remote keyless entry to work would be great. The car has low mileage and would like to keep I around as long as possible. Thanks any help is much appreciated. Cannot open door locks. Plus have to manually lock all doors. Trunk is only item that works 100%. Locking and unlocking the doors with the supplied avital emotes sometimes works but that's like 1% of the time.
Old 06-15-2017, 07:55 AM

Start by checking fuses and relays and if they check out o.k then open the door lock timer module and re solder any bad points that are visible. I have repaired them before and are pretty common that they fail with age but generally soldering the bad points on the board seem to do the trick.

Last edited by ac max 92; 06-15-2017 at 07:57 AM.

Search this Thread