Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

New Component Speakers with Bose

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2002, 08:17 AM

New Component Speakers with Bose

After reading tons of threads, I am still not too clear. Can I run a new set of component speakers while using the Stock Bose unit? Is the amp actually attached to the speaker in a 2002 Max? If it is not attached, can the speaker be placed after the amp therefore using the amp for the speakers? I am scrapping my old system in my old car soon to get a 2002 max but will keep the amps if I need to for this setup and just get a RCA adapter for the head unit. I just don't want to lose my trunk and all money in my wallet in this car but want better sound quality than the Bose offers.

And like everyone said, the higs in the bose are not as good as a good set of components, even though they are "components".
Old 03-15-2002, 08:46 AM

Let ask it this way.

I am content with the midrange in the car. Can the tweeters alone be replaced? Are they 4 Ohm (clarion)? Then I can add a small box in the trunk or replace the sub in the shelf with a better one and an amp and call it a day.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:58 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Where to start...

If it doesn't hit highs, and can't hit lows, it must be Bose! You can swap it out but if its strictly the Bose speakers. If you have the Clarions, you need brackets for starters.

I'll stick with the bose talk for now. You can just unscrew the speakers and let them play as they are, and my suggestion is to replace the back door speakers. Why you might ask? Well, here is a simple overview. The front speakers are attached to tweeters with resistors as well. They pull out the high peak sound from your speakers and play out what the Bose can't hit. As for the back door speakers, you can replace them OR you can customize the back panels by your rear windshield. I've heard of some people placing tweeters in the pillars above the seatbelt harness, I think thats pointless because it would annoy me as a driver. As for the back panels (if you face them back towards the windows, or center based) then it should be an earful and might actually be an outstanding sound capability. Add a Subwoofer on the back dash with that, and badabing-badaboom! I'm talking on behalf of a 5th gen btw, but I know these standards can apply to many Maximas (I know that it doesn't apply for all).
Old 12-28-2010, 07:27 AM
Suspension Yoda

Oh look, an 8 year old thread.