Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

You might vomit, but i have pics of my speakers

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2002, 02:44 PM

You might vomit, but i have pics of my speakers

Ok. You all have read my posts about me trying to find cheap ways to install my speakers and equipment, by going to a place and paying them a couple hundred. Doesnt make me happy, but this weekend i had a chance to have my gf's father (who is an electrical engineer)install my 2 sets of speakers (back and front)

Anyway we follow the instructions off the maximadriver.com site on how to install speakers. Well, we get the backseat out and after a couple of mishaps, we finally got to the speakers Well, here are the pics just to show you the awful shapes they are in.

there are actually hollowed cones in the middle, its hard to see. These are kinda large also, about 75 kb.

1st pic. Rear speakers This is the stock rear speakers, i think panesonic.

2nd pic. Front stock speakers

3rd pic

New good speakers (boston acoustics)

Now, these sound amazing. Does anyone know the output (in watts) the factory non bose head unit puts out? Because many people have said i need to use a 2nd amp to power my speakers, and with the current factory head unit, they sound great. I am going to be changing, hopefully this weekend, to an Eclipse 54410 head unit (which has 13 watts of continous output.). Now i am thinking of having a Kenwood 648s (which provides 25 watts of output to each channel)to my speakers. Now, it can be a pain in the butt to rewire the front 2 speakers, but it should be no problem to wire the rear speakers. Would this sound fine? This is GREAT on my installation costs for when i have to go to a audio shop for the installation of my subwoofer.

thanks
bryan
Old 03-29-2002, 03:30 PM

installation of subwoofer?

sounds to me that you keepin things pretty simple with a budget and all. with that in mind, you might wanna think about buying a sub or subs with a box already so all you have to do is wire it up.
idk if you mention if you have an amp already, but in my exp its pretty easy to hook up an amp. besides i feel much safer takin the parts out of my car and running wires myself then lettin some guy at a shop do it. ( i hate shops cause my first install they cut my factory wires )