Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

'96 audio enhancements

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2002, 10:44 AM

'96 audio enhancements

Sorry for asking questions probably asked a million times, but I couldn't find an answer searching through the posts

2 questions:

1) Does the Bose stereo in my '96 have any kind of subwoofer outputs? How did you guys with subs on your stock radio do it? Use a sub pre-out from the radio, or splice into the line-level wires going into the rear speakers?

2) I'd like to add a CD Changer to my stock Bose head unit. Any good deals out there? I was reading a thread of posts from July of last year about a $130 Sherwood unit that directly connects to the Bose. Anyone know if this deal still exists, or where I could get something similar? Or do you suggest scrapping the whole idea and going with those universal RF interface changers?

You may be able to tell I have very limited and probably incorrect knowledge about car audio! Not looking for anything fancy, just a little nicer sounding. Thanks all

Mike
Old 04-11-2002, 11:15 AM

Re: '96 audio enhancements

Originally posted by crashmanmike

2) I'd like to add a CD Changer to my stock Bose head unit. Any good deals out there? I was reading a thread of posts from July of last year about a $130 Sherwood unit that directly connects to the Bose. Anyone know if this deal still exists, or where I could get something similar? Or do you suggest scrapping the whole idea and going with those universal RF interface changers?
Mike
Crash, regarding the CD Changer - I asked the same question about a week ago. Check this thread out:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=110943
Old 04-12-2002, 05:35 AM

1. No preouts. There's a converter you can get, forget where and how much. Or you can splice the line.
Old 04-12-2002, 10:13 AM

Originally posted by LikwidVT
1. No preouts. There's a converter you can get, forget where and how much. Or you can splice the line.
Okay, next question. Is there a problem with splicing a "normal" amp into the speaker-level wires coming out of the head unit? Is there going to be an ohm problem there? Or am I totally confused about this!

Thanks all!

Mike