Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Big Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2002, 08:27 PM

Big Question

Ok now i know i will get alot of **** for tryin to explain this. I have a plan. It is a wonderful plan lol. Most people will call me a moron but i will explain it anyway. I have a plan to put in 3 12" MTX 8000's into a custom fiberglass enclosure in the trunk of my Maxima. Dont worry bout tryin to tell me it will be too much money, my best friends sister just enheirited 5.5 mil from her grandma and she likes me lol. but anyway i plan to have those 3 babys ran off of 3 MTX Thunder81000Ds. one in the main area of the trunk, 2 on the trunk lid. Now about the enclosure. i plan to have 2 of the subs firing outward and pointing upward on the sides of the trunk. Now as far as the 3rd one goes, it will be firing downward and back through the armrest hole. the porting for the enclosure will have 2 holes that will be viewable through the armrest. the enclosure will also be painted to match my max, and will have green neon lighting throughout. now i know alot of you after reading this are like what the hell this guy is crazy. well i just want to know your opinions. if this will work, which hopefully it will. if it wont work, if i should use different equipment, etc. etc. so please post whatever you want and im lookin forward to getting some criticism lol
Thanks
Greg
Old 05-07-2002, 09:08 PM

alright...First yes you should get different equipment.

The idea on the hole is fine...though some things need either more clarifaction cuz i may have took it wrong or just changed. When you say outward do you mean with the magnet out? or outward toward what? Do you have a pic of what you took this idea from? What you really need to do is talk to the installer that will do it tell him your idea and the two of you can hash out the pertics about it all. This is a tuff one to explain over the internet. The idea for the most part is ok...though certain things seem odd but i want to make sure i understand right before i start going at them.

Cost, is probley not as much as you think though your right not cheap, if it's what I'm thinking your looking at about 5-7 k with the equipment depending where you live.