Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2002, 11:27 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Help!

My Front Door Speaker from Bose, on the right door is working but seems to be real low compared to the other speakers. I noticed this when I fadded all the sound to that one speaker, it plays, but its not as loud as my left door speaker! Anyone know how to fix this? I doubt the speaker is blown, cause if it was it wouldnt play at all! I was thinking if there is a fuse for that speaker. Any help is appreciated, thanx
Old 05-17-2002, 11:39 PM

Re: Help!

Originally posted by JetBlackMax
My Front Door Speaker from Bose, on the right door is working but seems to be real low compared to the other speakers. I noticed this when I fadded all the sound to that one speaker, it plays, but its not as loud as my left door speaker! Anyone know how to fix this? I doubt the speaker is blown, cause if it was it wouldnt play at all! I was thinking if there is a fuse for that speaker. Any help is appreciated, thanx
have you ever disconnected your speakers before? maybe you wired them out of phase or something.
Old 05-18-2002, 12:07 AM
jmax

If it were the phase it would sound fine when the fader is all the way to the right. But since it is bose it may be the amp for that speaker. Or some other related thing.

Old 05-18-2002, 12:47 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Help!

Originally posted by Nismo

have you ever disconnected your speakers before? maybe you wired them out of phase or something.
Yeah, actually me and a friend did when we Installed an aftermarket radio in my max. But even if the wire was out of phase, wouldnt it not work at all?
Old 05-18-2002, 08:19 AM
jmax

With the balance adjusted all the way right or left it would sound fine out of phase. It might even sound fine with the balance in the middle. Where it would really start to be noticed is when you have music with stereo information. Things might not sound like they are coming from the correct direction or place. Going out of phase means that when the speaker receives a positive pulse the cone would move back instead of forward. Thus it would be out of phase with the other speaker or speakers. From a sound quality standpoint the difference would depend upon path length to the listener and frequency of sound being reproduced.