Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

SQ tuning help

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2002, 12:05 AM

SQ tuning help

I just need some tips on how to set up a good equalizaton. I know that I cant get a good answer since there are so many variables like personal preference, speaker types, power and music, but I just want some tips to help me get everything fine tuned.

My setup is- Pioneer DEH 6400 HU, Eclipse Coaxials up front, Blaupunkt coaxials in rear deck, two RF 10" punch rfz/ bandpass with a RF 250a2. interior speakers are running off HU power.

I been playing around with every possible curve and eq settings but I cant seem to get everything to sound right. If anyone can give me any good setups like EQ curves, Q factors, or anything that would be helpful.
Old 05-23-2002, 07:49 PM

This is not really somthing that can be done on the net...but...first you need to decide what it is you want out of it exactly...then you need to know what sound coraspond to each frequency...seting the gains x over points and stuff like that...also a good rta is a good starting point...but really it comes down to experience.
Old 05-23-2002, 09:35 PM

Originally posted by max'n out
This is not really somthing that can be done on the net...but...first you need to decide what it is you want out of it exactly...then you need to know what sound coraspond to each frequency...seting the gains x over points and stuff like that...also a good rta is a good starting point...but really it comes down to experience.
Yea thats what I was thinking but everytime I find a good setup for one song, It doesnt go good with another. Im just trying to get it set up so that it will sound good with anything I put on.
Old 05-24-2002, 07:20 AM

Originally posted by Nismo

Yea thats what I was thinking but everytime I find a good setup for one song, It doesnt go good with another. Im just trying to get it set up so that it will sound good with anything I put on.
I'd like to be able to sit here and say turn this freq. to this and that but I just can't...I suggest getting reference material somthing you liten to alot that represents the range of stuff you listen to and tune it to that and go from there...If theres some instrament or range you think isn't right or the speakers arn't playing the range you think they should I may be able to help you with that by telling you what range or making a suggestion on x over frequencys but thats about all I can do through a phone line .