Autocrossing and Road Course Racing Enjoy and discuss the fun through the twisties at your favorite auto-x event. Check out the links to the SCCA website to locate your local club.

One of the most exciting races in F1 history

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 06:56 PM
Driving is the next best thing

One of the most exciting races in F1 history

http://pedro.soueu.com.br/Arquivos/F1-goodtimes.wmv

I know, it's most likely a repost, but I just couldn't resist.

Besides, you can watch this video over and over and still enjoy it.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:34 PM
retired moderator

nice....I've seen that on speed chanel before...

I love F1, but always feel a little bit sad watching it since I was at imola in '94 when Senna died (and, IIRC, another driver died in practice runs)....

It is, though, the most exciting wheel-to-wheel racing out there, hands-down. How anyone could watch NASCAR when F1 is out there is beyond me.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:38 PM

Nice bumper to bumper racing there!!

I always love watching when they race at Monaco. Too bad Michael Schumacher retired .
Old 09-18-2006, 07:01 AM

actually i find today's F1 to be pretty boring, i mean they are so dependent on downforce that the only way they can pass is in the pits. CART and other open wheel racing series are much more fun to watch because they can actually pass each other. F1 needs to go back to full slick tires and limit downforce. also there should be no driver assist like launch control and traction control and they should actually shift gears instead of pressing buttons on the steering wheel... i still watch every race tho
Old 09-18-2006, 11:40 AM
this place is dead

Originally Posted by irish44j
nice....I've seen that on speed chanel before...

I love F1, but always feel a little bit sad watching it since I was at imola in '94 when Senna died (and, IIRC, another driver died in practice runs)....

It is, though, the most exciting wheel-to-wheel racing out there, hands-down.
It's exciting, but I would tend to agree with gdmaxse, still sad about Senna and most any driver or co-pilot that dies while racing.

Originally Posted by gdmaxse
actually i find today's F1 to be pretty boring, i mean they are so dependent on downforce that the only way they can pass is in the pits. CART and other open wheel racing series are much more fun to watch because they can actually pass each other. F1 needs to go back to full slick tires and limit downforce. also there should be no driver assist like launch control and traction control and they should actually shift gears instead of pressing buttons on the steering wheel...
However, I will still watch F1, particularly now with Scott Speed in the fray, I also will watch Star Mazda and any road course races as well. The only time I sat through an Indy oval race was when ESPN had one channel normal coverage and ESPN2 all in-car live feed...I thought that was pretty cool.

Originally Posted by irish44j
How anyone could watch NASCAR when F1 is out there is beyond me.
Take Dale Sr.'s advice, watch the 1st ten laps and the last ten laps and you're good.....
If you could get into the pits, I think anyone could enjoy being almost at ANY race.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:34 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Now that is racing...
Old 09-23-2006, 10:13 PM

Wow, that was some tight racing. Definately one of the best races I've ever seen.