Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

where is Ange from redlinemax.com???

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 08:17 PM
Chassis Freak

If there was no warranty on the product, you can't expect Ange to absorb the cost of the shipping. It's neither her legal nor moral obligation to do so. This is a complicated issue given the cost of shipping the hood. Ultimately it's the manufacturer's fault and they should pay for the replacement.

But if there was no warranty, any refund you may get would be strictly out of the goodness of Ange's heart and you can't slander her for not wanting to lose a lot of money making you happy. Even the nicest vendor cannot please all of its customers all the time and has to risk making some unhappy to keep their business from losing money.

I might remind you also: CAVEAT EMPTOR.
Old 05-04-2004, 11:36 PM

Wow so much hatred....
Old 05-05-2004, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by Masaccio
People need to recognize that it's not RedlineMax's fault if you get a product that turns out defective. Ange doesn't make most of the products she sells; as she's explained, she gets them from various aftermarket manufacturers. If it turns out that one or more of these products has a high incidence of defects, then it would be her responsibility to stop carrying that product. It doesn't sound at all like that's the case.
This is exactly my point. She's been selling these hoods since last year, and selling them knowing that there have been defects with them. A good seller would recognize that there have been defectives within batchs, aka, a rotten apple spoils the bunch, and rememdied the situation.

The sheer fact that we were never informed that there was NO WARRANTY on the item is what upset me. We purchased this hood via a phone call, not through her website.
At the very least she could have said, "Hey, just so you guys know, I don't have any sort of warranty with this product, so if something goes wrong, I don't offer any sort of return/exchange policy."
If I had known that, albeit I probably would never have bought the hood, I would not have made such a fuss about it. In addition we were never sent a sales receipt that had the terms and conditions of the sale.

Now, last year we purchased Sarona rear, sides and Stillen front lip. However, when the stillen front lip arrived, after a few weeks, we realized it was the wrong lip, called up the shop, they scheduled a pick-up and shipped out a new one the same day. That to me is what good customer service is - recognizing a mistake and attempting to remedy the situation.

When I spoke with Ange regarding the hood, her attempt to remedy the situation was to ask us to drive 1200 miles to New York, or 500 - 600 miles to Tennesse...... that is not only impractical, it's unreasonable.

I had 3 professional CUSTOM bodyshop professionals examine the hood, and they said, in their professional opinion, it is of sub-standard build quality. While I'm no expert, I believe that their culmunative 60 year experience stands to reason that they could have some experience in the difference between a hood of good quality, and a hood of sub-standard build.

Please do not think this is an attack against Ange as a person - it's not, I believe that in her mind she did the very best she could, however, from my point of view, a 1200 mile drive, or a $1100 fix for a $380 hood was simply not an affordable option for me, and I suspect, for alot of other people.
Old 05-05-2004, 05:55 AM
VTEC This!

iv'e also dealt with ange, buying a carbon fiber hood, a used one. fitment was perfect, and I've had no problems with it at all. She was really nice, and very easy to deal with, anytime someone asks me where I got my hood, I direct them to ange, I had a great experience! She's even taking the time to continue to look for a hood latch for my hood for me, she definitly cares about her customers.

Just thought I would share
Old 05-05-2004, 08:26 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Here's my take:

I know Ange for over 3 years now and I know she wouldn't stiff people.

Golden: You needed my help in the past with things and I was gracious enough to help you out. Now I need you to help me. You've made your point about how you feel about these hoods so please let it die. Maybe your purpose is to make sure people don't do business with Ange but people will have to make that determination for themselves.

Now about the CF hoods:

What do you people expect from these hoods, that they will hold up to weather like the stock hoods do? What CF hoods have you seen on any car stand up to the abuse of everyday driving and you're blaming Ange for that? As far as I'm concerned, the CF hood is just for show. It's been known that these hoods have problems but it's up to you guys to do the research on these things before you decide to spend your money.

Ange have you talked to the manufacturer about the issues with the CF hoods and do they recommend the hoods not being used for everyday driving?
Old 05-05-2004, 08:48 AM
GoldenGlory

Originally Posted by deezo
Here's my take:

Golden: You needed my help in the past with things and I was gracious enough to help you out. Now I need you to help me. You've made your point about how you feel about these hoods so please let it die. Maybe your purpose is to make sure people don't do business with Ange but people will have to make that determination for themselves.

Now about the CF hoods:

What do you people expect from these hoods, that they will hold up to weather like the stock hoods do? What CF hoods have you seen on any car stand up to the abuse of everyday driving and you're blaming Ange for that? As far as I'm concerned, the CF hood is just for show. It's been known that these hoods have problems but it's up to you guys to do the research on these things before you decide to spend your money.

Ange have you talked to the manufacturer about the issues with the CF hoods and do they recommend the hoods not being used for everyday driving?
deezo i respect your words, my point is shes lying, and not puttin out the whole story.

Like others have posted up, body shops with over 20-30+years exp. have claimed the hood is crap.

I came to ange asap not even to the org about the problems with my hoods.
The first one formed DIMPLES, looked like someone took a hammer and went happy. chips and bubbles all around....lemme guess my blower did that.
Meanwhile Jeff from max tuning has had his HOOD from FI for about 2-3yrs i think and he has a V1 Blower in there..and his hood still looks brand new.

MY hood went to crap, and to her you gotta go back to swap the hood... deezo do you know the drive ..its something we wont do.
To sit on the Belt Pkwy drive out to west bubble F-ck to swap a hood..for it to be no good again...

the second hood..as you u saw in the pic in this thread is the same thing that happened to me, the latch which was made OF PLASTIC when its suppose to be metal snapped off.

now how the hell are you goin to make a METAL scoop which is suppose to make contact and lock into place with another METAL Latch made into PLASTIC and expect it to hold the force and abuse of wear n tear ??

But lemme guess my blower broke that also??

Ok when that happened..the 2nd one breakin i called her asap..while drivin on the highway and i called her shop cause she wouldnt pick up her phone and what did her shop say...hi im stupid...and you can drive you car like that with no problem..just make sure the hood pins are on tight the hood wont fly off...

For spending 400 dollars on a hood... and the crap to break like that ..and then to only let hood pins hold it down...

I DONT THINK SO...and then i emailed me ange..and she told me she couldnt help me..she replaced one already.

And Ange Your Remarks About Stillen and the Blower Made No Sense...
A Blower Belt WILL BREAK>>>DUE TO WEAR N TEAR.
your talking about a belt that holds alot of heat n abuse..and lasts longer then your hoods.
And My Blower Is Still goin....

You Can Ask Anyone Who Has Seen Both Hoods....
And You Got Other On Here With the same crap Hoods.!!!!!!!

And Im Not Trin To Shut Down Her Business, But Whats Fair Is Fair..i Demanded A Refund When i Had The Hood..And She Told Me She Cant Help Me....

Mecca - Get Your Story Str8 First Be4 You Start Bashin Me...

Perhaps If ANGE learns How To Tell The Truth Maybe This Theard Wouldnt Be Going The Way Its Goin Right Now....

END OF STORY

Old 05-05-2004, 08:58 AM
GoldenGlory

Originally Posted by meccanoble
BTW, Goldenglory, sorry you had these issues but how the heck do u expect to get a refund back for your hood when you already sold it? No one nor their mother would give you your money back when you cant even give the product back.
Hey Mecca Put Your Glasses On And READ

SHE WRITES

Will- I have not been at the shop since Thanksgiving or spent much time on Maxima related business since then.

There is no lifetime warranty for the carbonfiber hood. We already swapped the hood out with your supervision and consent. There is not much I can do in terms of replacing the product again. As you know, carbonfiber hoods are just like any other aftermarket products out there, they aren't meant to handle the wear and tear of daily use.. that's why every aftermarket manufacturer (from small operation like Redlinemax.com to Cattman, Stillen to multi-million dollar companies like Greddy) and online retailers all have disclaimer statement against product defects and its purpose as 'off road use only'.

I hope you understand.

Sincerely,

Ange

I WROTE
NVThiSPaPii@aol.com wrote:
ange i have been tring to call. the plastic mold of a latch you made broke off on fri!
i can not stand this anymore, this is juss to much for me.
anyway of a refund ?
or do i have to go back over there and swap another hood?
please respond asap.

so i've wasted 400 bux on a CF hood with hoodpins and install, and her products fails...once again and now she claims no holds bars....??

this was my email to her..and if ya would read up top the dates...

THIS HAS BEEN AN ON-GOIN PROBLEMS SINCE OCT 2003 !!!!!!!!!

Old 05-05-2004, 09:02 AM
GoldenGlory

This Was N34JZ POST

Ive seen Will's hoods, and both of them werent of the quality I would expect for the price. I only paid $50 more for mine from FI and the quality after 2 years is better than his brand new one.

Yeah you could keep giving him new ones, why not stop selling them and fix the product? I would keep trying till you get a refund Will.

As far as Ange being busy and dealing with family stuff, thats understandable. But to sell something and then not stand behind it is a bad way to do things, it was already replaced once so Im sure you felt the need then to replace it why not now? (why not use the "off road use only excuse " the first time?) We aren't talking about Stillen or anyone else here if you sold the hood you put your name on it and in a way stood behind it. It was good enought to sell but I guess not to last?

I wanna Make Sure Everyone Reads The Whole Thread And Not Just Ange's post Be4 they Start TALKIN ISH ON HERE.

Old 05-05-2004, 09:21 AM

Honestly Will, both hoods looked horrible. For me, all I had to do was look at the way her car was painted by her own shop or whatever was going on back then when they painted it for her. Over here a few gypsies with spray paint on the street can do a better job. Or how they botched my friends suspension on his 97 SE. That was enough for me not to do business with her, for any of my five former Maximas.
Old 05-05-2004, 09:22 AM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

Originally Posted by deezo
Here's my take:

The issue of those 5-6 defective hoods over Summer 2003 were reported to the factory directly and corrected with the second production release in Fall 2003.

This is an excerpt from RedlineMax.com Disclaimer page:
"...RedlineMax.com products are for off-public road use or show purposes only and have not been tested or approved by any federal or local governing agency and are not approved or recommended for street use..."

I did not make this up over night just for Ceasar's Chariot. In fact, for as long as RedlineMax.com been in existance, the sameDisclaimer has been readily available for anyone who wants to know what terms and conditions its products hold. I cannot be held liable for consumers who fail to read it.

Though CF hoods in general has been proven that it can be used for daily driving. Lots of Maximas drive around with cf hood. I drive around with my cf hood, but its banged up from chips on the highway, salt pebbles during the winter and so forth.. that's a fact of life. When you use it for daily driving, know that the hood will be exposed to the wear and tear just like anything else (ie, putting on an aftermarket bodykit).

It's like saying, someone buys Cattman y-pipe and fails emmissions inspection.. goes back to Cattman and wants refund. First of all, the y-pipe was installed on the car, secondly, Cattman clearly states (on its FAQ page) that "The products we sell have no warranty or representations made with ability to protect against injury or death. The user assumes that risk. Many of the items sold by Cattman Performance are for off-public road use and racing only and have not been tested or approved by any federal or local governing agency and are not approved or recommended for street use..."

AnGe
Old 05-05-2004, 09:31 AM
GoldenGlory

Originally Posted by 97MaxGurl
The issue of those 5-6 defective hoods over Summer 2003 were reported to the factory directly and corrected with the second production release in Fall 2003.

This is an excerpt from RedlineMax.com Disclaimer page:
"...RedlineMax.com products are for off-public road use or show purposes only and have not been tested or approved by any federal or local governing agency and are not approved or recommended for street use..."

I did not make this up over night just for Ceasar's Chariot. In fact, for as long as RedlineMax.com been in existance, the sameDisclaimer has been readily available for anyone who wants to know what terms and conditions its products hold. I cannot be held liable for consumers who fail to read it.

Though CF hoods in general has been proven that it can be used for daily driving. Lots of Maximas drive around with cf hood. I drive around with my cf hood, but its banged up from chips on the highway, salt pebbles during the winter and so forth.. that's a fact of life. When you use it for daily driving, know that the hood will be exposed to the wear and tear just like anything else (ie, putting on an aftermarket bodykit).

It's like saying, someone buys Cattman y-pipe and fails emmissions inspection.. goes back to Cattman and wants refund. First of all, the y-pipe was installed on the car, secondly, Cattman clearly states (on its FAQ page) that "The products we sell have no warranty or representations made with ability to protect against injury or death. The user assumes that risk. Many of the items sold by Cattman Performance are for off-public road use and racing only and have not been tested or approved by any federal or local governing agency and are not approved or recommended for street use..."

AnGe

Its Funny How You Put This Up Now After The Problem Has Arosen....
Cause You Didnt Even Bother Posting This On Your Page,Stamp This On the Box Of The CF Hoods.
Cause I Dont Member These Words Coming From Your Mouth When i Bought The Hood From You........Or When I Got The Second Hood From You Now Did I ??

So Save it...Stop Puttin More Fuel Into The Fire, Your Making It Worse FOr Yourself.
You Cant Compare a Y-PIPE To A CF HOOD ,Or My Blower Belt TO a CF hood

Just Stop Posting About this. My Point Was And IS Proven, Along With Other Member Of the Org About The Hoods.

Deezo Per Your Request Im DONE.

Old 05-05-2004, 10:40 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Thank you.